This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

gettext.sh and tazpkg error... :/
  • nekk1nekk1 November 2010
    Hello forum!
    I was trying to add some stuff to slitaz, just to make it a bit more fun. So I decided to add flash plugin to firefox - succesful. Then, I wanted to add sound, but i needed gcc compiler. As I was surfing to the net, I found out I could do it with tazpkg. I used: "tazpkg get-install gcc --forced", but it came with an error like this: "cp: cannot stat 'fs/*' : No such file or directory". I came across this thread: http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php/discussion/680/solved:-cp:-cannot-stat-fs-:-no-such-file-or-directory. I used that solution, but ended up with more complicated error. I cannot use tazpkg anymore since I executed "tazpkg get-install tazpkg --forced". It shows this error: "/usr/bin/tazpkg: .: line 31: can't open /usr/bin/gettext.sh". Any help? :)
  • LexeiiLexeii November 2010
    It seems like you used an old Cooking and try to install packages from new Cooking on it. Both Cookings are very not compatible, and repository contains only new packages. Say 'R.I.P.' or 'Good bye' to your existing system and try downloading, using and improve brand new Cooking.

Or, as variant, get an old tazpkg (boot old LiveCD, run 'tazpkg repack tazpkg', save package, boot new system, force install this local package) then upgrade your system to new one (tazpkg recharge; tazpkg upgrade).
  • nekk1nekk1 November 2010
    OK, now it's fine. I used an old version as you said. Thanks.
    Now I have one problem. I have no sound. I've installed sound-linux, but still no sound. Tried few solutions, none worked. My card is registered as snd-hda-intel, same as in Ubuntu, but I still have no sound. Also, in the sound mixer, it is shown, and I can increase/decrease volume, but still the problem persists. I have Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller(rev 03).

And by the way, can i change resolution to 1366x768? Thanks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social