This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Cooking linux 2.6.30.6 questions
  • GearheadGearhead November 2010
    I am trying to cook the v4l-dvb.tazpkg with an extra driver (the Margi DVD to Go driver)but I need to recook the original linux 2.6.30.6 tazpkg and need the"stuff" file that came with it in the wok. The wok currently has the linux 2.6.36 receipt and "stuff" file which I'am having problems trying to cook. So I thought the original would work better?
    Any idea's where where I might download it?
    Any suggestions how I can get around this?

Edit: I also need to know how to answer the questions during the "General Setup". I know it use's the config file to answer most of them but I don't like guessing on the others as it take so long to cook and then recook. I am fine with the way Slitaz 3.0 works and would like to know how they were answered for the live cd.

Thanks
    So I find the files after downloading linux-source.tazpkg in the Slitaz folder. I make a file "stuff" add them to the linux wok file with the receipt. Then I start to cook linux again...and get this

cc -Wall -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -O3 -I../../include -I../../arch/x86/include -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE lguest.c -lz -o lguest
    lguest.c:34:18: error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
    make: *** [lguest] Error 1
    ================================================================================
    Compilation failed. Please read the compiler output.

Man, this is is a real pain just to add a driver!

Any suggestions?
  • LineaLinea November 2010
    Hi Gearhead

Looks like you need the zlib-dev package. You can do a search with the SliTaz
    Packages Manager and click files.
    Thanks Linea
    I'm doing this for the first time so I'm a little slow.
    Any idea on the "General Setup" ?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social