This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Slitaz doesn't, Puppy does - Monitor
  • lmartlmart August 2010
    SliTaz does not use the full monitor area.
    How do I utilitze the full monitor/screen?
  • kultexkultex August 2010
    I would say if you would have used the search button you would have found this:

http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:xorg-xvesa
  • lmartlmart August 2010
    kultex; thx, unaware of doc, printed it out, will tackle tonight, again thx
  • lmartlmart August 2010
    kultex; well, this stuff is beyond me, lost as to what to do
  • kultexkultex August 2010
    if you want to use slitaz you have to do these things - they are well described - you have a intel grafic chip - so just do the things described in the intel section

perhaps you could use the TinyX version of slitaz - thats what puppy is using
  • LexeiiLexeii August 2010
    @lmart, I think, you use an old CRT-display. In case of different refresh rates (60, 75, 85, 100 Hz etc.) you will give different screen sizes with different black borders around them. You want to adjust screen's height and width manually from monitor's menu.
    If you don't install corresponding driver to your video-card, then system uses back-compatible VESA settings (usually max screen resolution and 60 Hz refresh rate).
    If you want to work both with SliTaz and Puppy, you want to set the same refresh rate in both distros (and adjust monitor only once).
    To set screen's resolution and refresh rate you want to install video-driver first. Connect to internet and use tazx utility.
  • lmartlmart August 2010
    gents; thx, fyi using 3.0-xvesa

Lexeii; appreciate your reply and will try your recommendations, would rather work exclusively with SliTaz, however, puppy works; fyi, my goal is to have (1) a fast-booting, minimal system that will get me to the cloud where all of my business apps reside, (2) minimal installed apps on laptop to work when unattached to the cloud [need FreeMind and Skype] and, (3) be able to utilize the full capabilities of my laptop. #3 is my focus

kultex; "if you want to use slitaz you have to do these things - they are well described - you have a intel grafic chip - so just do the things described in the intel section"; you are correct, learning SliTaz the hard way, "well described", perhaps that depends upon your level of experience and, whether or not things work as described

• lmartlmart August 2010
    kultex,

"whether or not things work as described", pls see my post:
    http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php/discussion/1683/tazusb-does-not-work-as-documentation-states/#Item_1

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social