This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Anyone have the kernel 2.6.33.2 packages?
  • seawolfseawolf May 2010
    Hi --

I have a little problem with my kernel packages at the moment. I was running 2.6.33.2 this morning, which was perfect, but when I upgraded to 2.6.33.4 my wireless modules won't load; they complain about 'unknown symbols'. The stable (2.6.30) has no support for my wifi chip nor my USB wifi adaptor at all, so I have to run a Cooking kernel on a Stable installation.

Thankfully my Ethernet still works, so I was wondering if anyone had TazPkgs for the 2.6.33.2 set? I need:
    * linux
    * linux-acpi
    * linux-agp
    * linux-cifs
    * linux-crypto
    * linux-drm
    * linux-ext4
    * linux-headers
    * linux-input-misc
    * linux-md
    * linux-netfilter
    * linux-sound
    * linux-usb-misc
    * linux-video
    * linux-wireless

Many thanks in advance.
  • jozeejozee May 2010
    @seawolf: what wireless card (broadcom-wl??) do you have? We should just fix the card as 2.6.33.4 is the latest stable kernel now.

If you can, try recompiling linux pkg on your computer "tazwok cook linux". Sometime, this just fixes all the problem.

You can also simply downgrade all linux-* receipts yourself by changing the version number like this: http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/rev/33dfd49cdf84
  • seawolfseawolf May 2010
    Hi @Jozee --

It's a RealTek 8192 (internal chip) and the RealTek 2501 (the USB adaptor). These use the rt73usb & rt2500usb (+ rt2x00usb) modules. Not sure why they broke so suddenly! I was just hoping for the older packages to drop in rather than a re-build as I know they used to work, and the config. is fine.

I'm hoping someone has them in their /var/cache/tazpkg/ directory?

I don't really want to take this machine out for a day to rebuild, as I need it for exam revision this and next week when I'll be spending my time in my university library. I've Fedora on the other half of the drive I'll use until there's another build or these packages, but I'd like to have SliTaz available =)
  • jozeejozee May 2010
    I will check on this. I think rt73usb is directly supported in 2.6.33 kernel. No need for any firmware. Thats great.

BTW, the stable version supports rt73usb & rt2500usb. But recently, the firmware download link got broken in get-wifi-firmware (since the support moved to the kernel). We need to fix this somehow. You can always download firmware from Ralink website after accepting the license.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social