This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

What populates amixer?
  • slicelslicel May 2010
    My amixer contents command lists only 3 numid settings and I have a usb sound card that should have an equalizer (has it in windows) but does not in slitaz.

Can I add features to my amixer or add equalizer features to my sound card's slitaz profile?

Thank you.
  • blcondeblconde May 2010
    Are you using the prefix -c (or --card) to select the usb sound card?

Here's what I found after a fast internet search: http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Amixer and http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/amixer1.html

Hope this helps, now it's my turn to try to help you out.

Att.,

BC
  • slicelslicel May 2010
    Thank you, I did not know from kultex's post that the amixer command was specific to one card only.

Does a modem on a sound card have its own amixer settings?

Thank you
  • kultexkultex May 2010
    @ slicel - did I write a alsa sound howto? - normally you just have only one soundcard - so it is enough to type "amixer contents" - if you have more, you have to identify the card before with "aplay -l" and then type eg "amixer -c 0 contents" for card 0. ""And a modem has no amixer settings!! "" - !!Edit- not true!! And a equalizer for a soundcard is always software based and has nothing to do with hardware - even in windos!

And it would be nice to tell finally the name of your laptop / hardware - as I already told you, there is no guarantee, that all hardware is running under linux, even when you know, that normally the chip could work under linux. In my now I think 16 years of linux experiance ( I started with Suse 1.0), I had quite a lot of devices, who never worked.

I just have seen, that the modem is seen as a soundcard - Subdevice

like on my X31:

tux@slitaz:~$ aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: I82801DBICH4 [Intel 82801DB-ICH4], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel 82801DB-ICH4]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: I82801DBICH4 [Intel 82801DB-ICH4], device 4: Intel ICH - IEC958 [Intel 82801DB-ICH4 - IEC958]
    card 1: Modem [Intel 82801DB-ICH4 Modem], device 0: Intel ICH - Modem [Intel 82801DB-ICH4 Modem - Modem]

and the output of

tux@slitaz:~$ amixer -c 1 contents
    numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='Caller ID Switch'
    ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1
    : values=off
    numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='Modem Speaker Volume'
    ; type=INTEGER,access=rw------,values=2,min=0,max=3,step=0
    : values=0,0
    numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='Off-hook Switch'
    ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1
    : values=off

but as I tould you, that I never used these modems, I have no idea, what this meens

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social