This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Winmodem/Softmodem/Linmodem HDA on sound card ALSA how to?
  • jozeejozee April 2010
    @slicel: I don't think there is any problem with agrsm module if you can modprobe them. Alsa patch should only provide dialing sound. I think there is some problem with your system . I remember you said that lspci does not list your modem. Can you do and paste the output of xterm (select text using left mouse and then paste using middle mouse):

I am writing all the steps for you. This is all you need to dial correctly. Please post the output of each.

# install linux-dialup wvdial pcmciautils usbutils hal-info
    # add user to dialout and lp groups
    # remove any symlinks that you have manually created previously to /dev dir

lspci
    modprobe agrmodem && modprobe agrserial
    dmesg | tail
    ls -l /dev/tty*
    tazpkg info wvdial
    wvdialconf /etc/wvdial
    nano /etc/wvdial (for your username + password)
    wvdial

I know you have done these things several times but you need to do this once again else none of us can help you.

Edit: Once you post these outputs, if someone can help you they will reply to your msg. If you don't see any reply, please do not "BUMP". Its against the forum ethics.
  • slicelslicel April 2010
    I deleted slitaz again and started with a fresh install of slitaz 3 xvesa.

Some of the commands did not work so I installed packages and added to groups in other ways.

Thank you.

Edit- Output provided.
  • jozeejozee May 2010
    Hi Slicel,

Sorry, I was a bit geeky in my instructions. I wrote the instructions assuming you will write the equivalent commands. I try again. Hope I am clearer now.
    1) Step 1:
    # install linux-dialup wvdial pcmciautils usbutils hal-info 

equivalent: Redo, this command for the other packages: wvdial pcmciautils usbutils hal-info
     tazpkg get-install  linux-dialup 

2) Step 2:
    # add user to dialout and lp groups 

equivalent: Redo: for lp . Replace "tux" with your username.
     addgroup tux dialout 

To check:
     cat /etc/group 

3) Step 3:
    # remove any symlinks that you have manually created previously to /dev dir 

No more needed , since you have reinstalled Slitaz 3.0. It was just to clean up.
    4) Step 4:
      lspci 

4) Step 5:

tazpkg get-install linmodem-agrsm
    modprobe agrmodem && modprobe agrserial
    dmesg | tail

Since your lspci didn't show any winmodem, we stop here for now. We need to be sure that you are using the correct driver and your modem is detected.
  • kultexkultex May 2010
    the name of the laptop?
  • kultexkultex May 2010
    perhaps you get better support here on the mailinglist: http://132.68.73.235/linmodems/index.html

and to identify your modem use the scanmodem script: http://132.68.73.235/linmodems/index.html#scanModem

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social