This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Modular slitaz
  • godanegodane April 2010
    I released a modular version of slitaz earlier this week based on my build scripts on archiso-live project.
    http://godane.wordpress.com/2010/04/27/my-modular-slitaz-release/

I did this iso cause i think you guys are great. I'm getting about 40mb in htop with my modular slitaz. The normal slitaz is 32mb in htop. The other 8mb is my initramfs. I hoping to help you guys with wok repo and other stuff.

I hope this helps.
  • blcondeblconde April 2010
    Great news, I used to follow your work with Arch Linux releases and now I'm pleased you are also doing Slitaz remasters. I'll try it this weekend and, if needed, may I suggest some features to this "Big Slitaz" release? I thought about building a 650 Mb (or less) Slitaz remaster with the most common used applications, locales, xorg drivers, codecs etc. for it be ready to used out of the box.

Att.,

BC

Ps. Also posted this as a comment in your blog.
  • slicelslicel April 2010
    Godane, hello. I read your blog post but what makes the flavor modular?

Thank you.
  • godanegodane April 2010
    Its make modular like how slax is modular. But since i use my own build scripts its not like your custom flavors.

I use archlinux initramfs to make a small middle rootfs that aufs2+tmpfs+linux-live squashfs module called base.lzm. base.lzm is like slax initrd.gz file. I do it this way so i don't have rewrite everything thats in linux-live to work with initramfs.

I hope this helps.
  • slicelslicel April 2010
    The idea of a series or chain of rootfs is interesting.

Thank you.
  • >The idea of a series or chain of rootfs is interesting.

Follows from aufs.
    dm-setup has a different formalism to accomplish same, used in Fedora, circa 10 or 11.

AFAIK, slax and ScientificLinux were the first to use this approach. Some time ago I tried to make it work with slitaz, but (then) I wasn't able to free up the initrd(rootfs) memory after switch_root.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social