This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Problem setting screen dimensions
  • GiancarloGiancarlo April 2010
    Hello to everybody. I tried to use Slitaz 3.0 live on my Asus eeePC 701 and to virtualize it with Vmware on Windows 7 and in both cases I found the same problem: I was'nt able to find a way to set screen resolution and dimensions. Apparently there is no GUI for doing it. Is there anybody wishing to explain me a simple way (step by step, please... I am a newbie) to change screen dimensions? Thanks a lot!
  • GiancarloGiancarlo April 2010
    Thanks for your kind answer mojo, but the solution suggested in the article is far too complicated for me! Is it possible that a problem, apparently so simple, is so difficult to solve?
  • NikNik April 2010
    I think what Mojo was trying to tell you is this:
    You installed the Slitaz X-org version.
    But, you should try to install the Slitaz-Xvesa version instead!
    To download it click this link:
    http://mirror.slitaz.org/iso/3.0/flavors/slitaz-3.0-xvesa.iso
    Then you will just have to install it, like you did before.
    Please tell me if that works for you.
    greetz
    Nik
  • GiancarloGiancarlo May 2010
    Thanks a lot. I tried Slitaz-Xvesa version. On my Vmware it really works, as I can select the best screen resolution at start-up. However I still have one problem: on my asus eeepc I am not able to configure VGA monitor (my tv set) connected to the netbook,

I tried installing Slitaz-Xorg version and putting these lines in autostart.sh:

xrandr --output VGA --mode 1024x768
    xrandr --output LVDS --off

These ones really work in Crunchbang linux on the same netbook, but seem useless in Slitaz (I disconnected and re-enter with Tux-Tux login-password, but still there was no change in display size). Maybe I should install Slitaz on hd to see changings?

Is there anyone who can tell me how can I set two display in Slitaz?

Thank you again for kindness!
  • kultexkultex May 2010
    You have to edit xorg.conf - search your eeepc model and xorg.conf and try it out

here is my xorg.conf for a eeepc box

http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php/discussion/comment/5543/#Comment_5543

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social