This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

cooker repos bad
  • dinidini April 2010
    Sorry, but my english is very bad... :(
    in the file "packages.list" an extension of ".tazpkg" and because of this he tazpkg after recharge stops working.
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    Was gonna start a new thread but my question sorta fits here. I did a tazpkg recharge and then an upgrade. Do I really have to update every package that I have installed yet again? It is asking for it and 428 things is a lot to update. I know why we did it the last time.

Rupp
  • seawolfseawolf April 2010
    To clarify @dini -- each package in the packages.list is in the format:
    (name)-(major).(minor).tazpkg
    instead of
    (name)-(major).(minor)
    as shown:

seawolf@sammy:~ $ tazpkg search pgadmin

Search result for : pgadmin

Installed packages
    ================================================================================
    pgadmin 1.10.0
    ================================================================================
    1 installed package(s) found for : pgadmin

Available packages name-version
    pgadmin-1.10.0.tazpkg

as TazPkg appends the extension automagically. The upgrade, in theory, should fail as it will end up trying to download name.tazpkg.tazpkg (what is listed in the file plus the extension added)...

EDIT:
    I tried get-install a little package and it 404'd -- looking for:
    can't open /var/cache/tazpkg/firefox-3.5.7.tazpkg.tazpkg: no such file

An upgrade *should* fail on this basis... I'd leave it for now, though!
  • dinidini April 2010
    and libc-2.11.1 problem
    if I do
    sed -i s/'.tazpkg'/''/ /var/lib/tazpkg/packages.list
    and "tazpkg upgrade", I have problem with segmentation faild on libc...
    How correct this problem?
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    There is something really wrong with the repo. It wants to update everything and then it won't because the url's are bad for the repos.

Rupp

EDIT: I guess the problem is the same as mine upon further reading.
  • devl547devl547 April 2010
    >There is something really wrong with the repo.

Umm... It's unstable repo.. But bugs are really critical.
    libc segfaults and tazwok bug.. If you update your system - you'll get screwed
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    Thank you captain obvious.

Rupp
    Sorry) totally destroyed my system today(
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    @devl547

Sorry to be so harsh. I went to see what was up with it, to see if I noticed the problem. I broke my system too. I didn't care because I have a backup. Well I installed the backup and it won't work either. Why the backup won't work I don't know. I guess you and I are in the same boat for now :(

Rupp
  • seawolfseawolf April 2010
    You could try the cooking repo ISO if it's up-to-date? Perhaps use a packages.list file from a LiveCD too.

http://mirror.slitaz.org/iso/cooking/packages-cooking.iso
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    @seawolf

Thanks for that but I still don't see how a backup could be effected by what happened but it is. Strange really. I've used the backups before and not one problem. This time there was.

Rupp

EDIT: This totally sucks.
  • jozeejozee April 2010
    Fixed: http://mirror.slitaz.org/packages/cooking/packages.list

Can you please recharge and try upgrade again? We really don't know how this thing happened.

Please note a lot of upgrade/changes have gone in the cooking repo after the 3.0 release. One of which is the gcc upgrade, so you need to do full upgrade. If you don't want to upgrade a particular pkg, please block it using "tazpkg block".

Thanks for letting us know this critical error. On behalf of the whole Slitaz team, we are terribly sorry that this happened.
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    little to late for me. I lost everything.
    jozee, users with libc segfault wont be able to upgrade.
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    I tried on a fresh install to update and I am getting segfault errors when installing. Something is very wrong.

Rupp
  • asimoasimo April 2010
    Upgrading libc aka glibc-base may cause problems because all commands are dependant on libc. The tazpkg is dependant on busybox. busybox is dependant on libc. It is impossible to replace them while upgrading.
    I don't know how to deal with.

asimo
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    you can block it using tazpkg so it doesn't get updated. I just lost everything so I am likely going to stay away from SliTaz for a week or two. I am kinda bummed lol.

Rupp
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    I guess I am the only sacrificial lamb that is trying to figure out this problem. Updating at all will break your system. I even blocked glibc and busybox upgrades. It didn't matter.

Rupp
  • jozeejozee April 2010
    Rupp, For now, just restart with 3.0 . We have figured out the problem but not an optimal solution. One of the problems is that "sed" command in busybox is broken when compiled with the latest slitaz toolchain. There is no way we could have caught this problem proactively. We are working on it but this may take some time. Your help is always appreciated.

• RuppRupp April 2010
    jozee,

Thanks for responding. I may try 3.0
  • asimoasimo April 2010
    @Rupp

I suppose only libc (glibc-base) is broken in your SliTaz system. If so, You can fix it.

1.) Boot new rescue Slitaz such as a pen-drive.
    2.) Download new libc(glibc-base-<ver>.tazpkg) and extract it:
    tazpkg extract glibc-base-<ver>.tazpkg

The top dir is package info files: files.list md5sum receipt

3.) files.list is a file list in the package. Mount the broken partition(I assume mount point is mnt/). Remove them.

4.) Copy all files under fs dir:
    cd glibc-base-<ver>/fs; cp -a * /mnt

5.) Copy package info files to SliTaz system:
    cd glibc-base-<ver>
    cp files.list md5sum receipt /mnt/var/lib/tazpkg/installed/glibc-base

6.) Boot the fixed SliTaz system.

I don't understand tazpkg system completely. tazpkg may ask you to upgrade llibc again. Then you can block it.

asimo
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    @asimo

Thanks for that but I did a new install. I blocked everything glibc related including a new busybox and it still messed up my system. Thanks again though for taking the time to write that. I'll likely just reinstall then use my tazpkg backups from before and disable the repo until the problem is fixed.

Rupp

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social