This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Problems with security
  • icecreamicecream April 2010
    Hi, I've just installed slitaz 3.0 and I have already some problems with configuration of iptables and daemon.

1) When I write "iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i eth0 -s 192.168.0.0/16 -j DROP" in xterm I have this message : "The "nat" table is not intended for filtering, the use of DROP is therefore inhibited". I don't understand why...

2)When slitaz boots, "udev daemon" appears "failed" , I don't know what is udev daemon.
    Sorry, I'm french I don't speak english very well

Thanks !
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    1. I don't know anything about the iptables sorry.

2. I have that same problem and don't notice any effects from it. I still hate that is says "failed" People have the problem in different distro's all the time from what I have read.

Rupp
  • erniaernia April 2010
    the udev daemon failed message appairs to me too, but this is not your problem. i think that you should read an howto about iptables or install a prebuilt firewall. i have installed arno-iptables-firewall converting the debian package
  • seawolfseawolf April 2010
  • seawolfseawolf April 2010
    @Rupp -- UDev handles hotplugging of devices on a system level, like creating a node for a newly-plugged-in USB memory stick. HAL usually follows it on the user level, by automatically mounting it, running a CD player etc.

Personally, I think it is confusion between what UDev daemon considers a successful exit and what the status thinks it should be; they're both wrong and both right. It's not a problem if it still works, just a miscommunication of sorts.

Sorry I cannot be of assistance on the firewall issue.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social