This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

[solved] login in E17 DE
  • ossoss April 2010
    I have installed E17 package using the tazpkg GUI. But when I choose E17 pressing F1 at the login screen I obtain a "failed to execute the login script" (sorry if the message could be a bit different, it disappears very quickly) and I return to the login screen.
    What have I to do?
  • NikNik April 2010
    hey oss
    I had the same problem a while ago...
    http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php/discussion/comment/2384/#Comment_2384
    just try the command Gokhlayeh gave me, it helped me
    greetz
    Nik

oh and in case your still using xterm-terminal like I was, I would suggest you to use sakura-terminal because you can just copy/paste, this might sound stupid but I used to be veeeery annoyed typing all the commands :)
  • ossoss April 2010
    Unfortunately, your suggestion does not work for me. Same error message at login screen.

P.S.: thanks for sakura terminal hint. It is very useful.
  • GokhlayehGokhlayeh April 2010
    Hi,

@Nik : this bug is now fixed.

@oss : I need more informations about you're system to try to solve this. I'm not sure but I think that e17 should work out-of-the-box in Slitaz 3.0

- What package have you installed ? enlightenment or enlightenment-pam ? Try to install enlightenment-pam if it's not done.
    - Are you using tux user or custom user ? Try to login with Ttx, there was a bug for login custom users there's few weeks; I don't know if it's fixed now.
    - Is the login working with Openbox ?
    - Try that to obtain more informations about the problem : go to the GNU/Linux term with Ctrl+Alt+F1, then log as root user (pass: root) , try the command : enlightenment_start and look for errors. It's the command launched by Slim when you login with e17.

Hope this help,
    Go Khla Yeh
  • ossoss April 2010
    It did help, thanks. After installing enlightenment-pam it works. Thanks.
  • erniaernia April 2010
    may you put SOLVED in topic title?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social