This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Midori Tweaks Wiki for Slitaz
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:midori

Jozee said go ahead so i decided to make it. Don't mind the grammatical errors right now. Anything anyone would like added to it?
  • LineaLinea April 2010
    Nice job Rupp!
  • BertBert April 2010

Great tutorial!

Thank you..image

• moulefritemoulefrite April 2010
    Hi Rupp

What about a about:config ?

And it's nglayout.initialpaint.delay ?
    Hi Rupp

What about a about:config ?

And it's nglayout.initialpaint.delay ?
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    @moulefrite

That stuff I believe is gecko related. So not a lot I can do with that. I will search for other tweaks and stuff.
  • GokhlayehGokhlayeh April 2010
    Hi Rupp,

Thanks for your guide. Here's some others tweaks :
    Managing Search Engines -> My config for Scroogle :
    Name : Scroogle
    Description : Web Search
    Adress : https://ssl.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbwssl.cgi?Gw=%s
    Icon :
    Token : oo

There's also the usefull extension RSS reader (just enable it then clic and the RSS icon on the adress bar to add it)

I've tried to use a script wich play video on youtube without flash player :
    Here's the script for greasemonky : http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/50771
    Here's insctructions to get it work on Midori : http://userscripts.org/topics/43095

This script need a plugin like gecko-mediaplayer to work. I've read that we can use this plugin in Midori but I don't know how to do in Slitaz. If someone has an idea...
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    The plugin should auto recognize. It pops up but doesn't do anything. Gonna have a look at that soon. Thanks for your suggestions.

Rupp
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    *added youtube downloaded script
    *added shortcut howto
  • sanekssaneks April 2010
    for small screens it's nice to go

edit > preferences > interface
    set box to "show icons only".
    somehow I managed to have icons and adresbar in the one same line.

also there you could check "open new tabs in background", which feels more like firefox.. will change the rightclickmenu "t" to background-tab, too.

where can I change key-combinations? like to have backspace for "one page back". and how can I switch between tabs with keyboard?
  • RuppRupp April 2010
    @saneks
    I just updated the wiki before you even posted that question with the answers.

It shows how when you open up the shortcut keys box. I also posted it in the wiki.

Backspace I don't believe can be used because it is for disabling hotkeys.

Switch between tabs.

Ctrl+PageUp
    Ctrl+PageDown

I didn't post every command there is because it is self explanatory when you read it.

Rupp
    Hi Rupp

I suggested the nglayout.initialprint.delay = 2000 as an option you can
    find on firefox . So, whatever the way one take to do it, it's should be cool
    to have an engine-option that display the web page ONLY when all it's content
    (pictures mainly) are downloaded and gathered together (but if under a delay fixed at 2000 millisecondes for exemple)

Have a look on firefox (through the about:config) to notice the reactivity difference.

I suggested that because on midori , we see the web page being build piece per piece and it's high CPU required.

Do you think possible to do something similar with midori ?

+ Also, for netbooks and little screens, it should be great to have possibility to fix Zoom on an fixed rate even for the new open tab !

Cheers
    P.S

No Rupp ,

Epiphany has webkit (no longer gecko) and seems to still have about:config

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social