This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

installation problem
  • h2th2t March 2010
    Installed Slitaz 3.0 to a partion on the hardrive. Modify existing grub with an entry suggested in the menu.lst
    found in the /boot/grub folder. Rebooted machine and then received a grub error message "bad file or directory". Any help?
  • h2th2t March 2010
    Installed Slitaz 3.0 to a partion on the hardrive. Modify existing grub with an entry suggested in the menu.lst
    found in the /boot/grub folder. Rebooted machine and then received a grub error message "bad file or directory". Any help?
  • RuppRupp March 2010
    what partition did you put it on? Paste your menu.lst here for us
  • h2th2t March 2010
    Installed to a partion on a second hard drive. Editted existing grub menu with the following entry:

# Linux bootable partition config begins
    title SliTaz GNU/Linux (cooking) (Kernel vmlinuz-2.6.30.6-slitaz)
    kernel (hd1,13)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.30.6-slitaz root=/dev/hdb14 vga=normal
    # Linux bootable partition config ends
  • RuppRupp March 2010
    well that looks ok but I gotta say that is a lot of partitions.
  • h2th2t March 2010
    I don't think the number of partitions would result in the grub error "bad file or directory type". This error is returned if the file requested is missing or is not a regular type. In the instance, I checked the /boot folder and the vmlinuz file is there. I have tried other linux distros in this partition without the above error.
  • h2th2t March 2010
    I think the problem might be the incompatibility of the ext3 filesystem created when Slitaz is installed and the legacy GRUB.

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/6480/1/
  • h2th2t March 2010
    and SliTaz does not appear to support other filesystems :-(
  • PacoPaco March 2010
    I cannot access my hard disk from Slitaz 3.0 or Cooking Live CD. I could with the previous versions. I am operating on the memory only system. In Mountbox, it shows as /dev/hda1 in the Unmounted section. When I click on Mount it doesn't move. Or in File Manager, right clicking on the device name VAIO "Mount File System, it gives Unable to mount device Error org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure
  • erniaernia March 2010
    i've installed slitaz formatting to ext3 with the slitaz installer and i don't have issues at all.
    could it be sdb14 instead of hdb14? or hda instead of hdb?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social