This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

SOLVED -- Slitaz > Wine > Photoshop and the Alt key and Super Logo Key -- SOLVED
  • huevoteshuevotes March 2010
    I am having dificulty trying to figure out how to Swap the alt key with the Super "Windows Logo" Key.
    I am using slitaz with wine and photoshop installed on it, but there are some features in the photoshop tools that
    Require the Alt Key to be used, for example the Clone Tool and the Pen Tool. The Problem is that when I press the Alt Key, A little Spider appears and the window moves. In ubuntu and linux mint, this can be easily solved in the Window preferences menu, you just swap the Alt key with the Windows Logo Super key.
    I'm pretty sure this can be done in Slitaz, but I don't know how. Can anybody tell me how to do it?
  • RuppRupp March 2010
    in /home/tux/.config/openbox go to the file rc.xml and find this:
    http://pastebin.com/Ahc9204J

Replace the "A-Left" with a W so it looks like this:
    http://pastebin.com/pNSScrtT

Rupp

P.S.If you are using another name besides tux then change accordingly

Edit: had to post it into pastebin since it wouldn't display here due to the coding sorry
    Wow, thank you Rupp for the quick response.

There are only 2 files in the /home/tux/.config/openbox directory an autostart.sh file, and a menu.xml file.

I am using the stable version of slitaz 2.
    (i apologize for not stating that earlier)

Should I add the code to the menu.xml file, or should I create an rc.xml file
    Thanks Rupp, you pointed me in the right direction.

Since the default installation (slitaz 2 stable) did not have a rc.xml file, I created a new one with leafpad in superuser mode and saved it in the
    /home/tux/.config/openbox/ directory.

Then I added the default content of the rc.xml file.
    I found it here:
    http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic/468/default-rcxml-file/

I did the changes that Rupp suggested, saved the file and then I changed the permissions of the file from "root" to "tux".
    I rebooted the system and success, it worked.

I have the default user name. If you have a different user, you have to keep that in mind when making the changes.

UPDATE: Photoshop is Still Complaining, once I Fix It I'll Post It Here
    Slitaz > Wine > Photoshop and the Alt key and Super Logo Key SOLVED!

All you have to do is use the Shift key in conjunction with the Alt key (Shift-Alt Click), instead of Alt-Click and the Clone, pen and all other tools will work accordingly.
    You don't even need to mess around with openbox configuration files.

But, now that I have messed around with the configuration file, I find it very interesting and usefull, so I do recommend it.
  • RuppRupp March 2010
    Great that you got it figured out. Could you Change the title to solved?

Rupp
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social