This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

cant load operating system...
  • joshjosh January 2010
    i loaded slitaz on my hard drive and after it rebooted it says no operating system can be found. i have both xp and slitaz. after i put in the live cd it will work but i cant get back into xp
  • damhyojungdamhyojung January 2010
    if you setup the slitaz in you harddisk,
    let us know your menu.lst detail,and which partial you install the slitaz.
    following is my detail of menu.lst
    ======================================================
    title SliTaz GNU/Linux (cooking) (Kernel vmlinuz-2.6.30.6-slitaz)
    root (hd0,8)
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.30.6-slitaz root=/dev/hda9 lang=zh_CN.UTF-8

title Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    root (hd0,0)
    savedefault
    makeactive
    chainloader +1
    ======================================================
  • babaorumbabaorum January 2010
    Hi Josh,
    Why not giving us a little more explanations and informations about your system and your trouble ?

- hardware: how many hard drives, what usage for each one; what partition management for each one
    - SliTaz installation: how did you manage partitions ? One for the whole SliTaz distribution on one whole hard drive ? Several ones ? What happened to the partition of Windows XP ? Did you prepare the partitionning before beginning to install SliTaz ? Where did you install grub ? (these are mainly choices asked by the installation software during the procedure)
    - what does your Grub menu actually actually looks like ?

Sincerely,
    --Babaorum
  • nick44nick44 November 2010
    I'm trying to get an IBM T30 w P4/256M RAM to run Slitaz 3.0 from the hardrive. I followed the instructions @ http://www.slitaz.org/en/doc/handbook/install.html but get the 'Error loading operating system' when I reboot after the install. I did not include the Grub in the install because I only want the one system on here.
  • sli083sli083 November 2010
    nick44
    You will have to install Grub in order to boot your SliTaz operating system. If you have only the SliTaz OS installed, your boot menu list will look like the first 3 lines that damhyojung listed starting with "title SliTaz...",etc. It will only list what is necessary to boot up your SliTaz operating system. Just hit "OK" for the Grub installation instructions. Good luck and enjoy your SliTaz system.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social