This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

um, 3.0 stable has ff-3.5.7?? [solved]
  • CQ1STCQ1ST March 2011

hi, I'm new here - Can we please have a stable firefox web browser for 3.0 stable?

I refer to this: Firefox 3.6.13 issued to fix 13 flaws, 11 "critical" - SC Magazine US
    10 Dec 2010
    and the fact that the main page at mozilla.com is serving ff-3.6.15 right now?

(I've actually been trying hard to install it and/or chrome from cooking of course... but

blah,blah,blah I just don't know how really)

• kultexkultex March 2011
    wget http://mirror.slitaz.org/packages/cooking/firefox-3.6.13.tazpkg

get root - then: tazpkg install firefox-3.6.13.tazpkg
  • babaorumbabaorum March 2011
    Just download tarball from mozilla.com in the desired application version (3.6.13 or even the beta 4), un-tar it and just run the firefox executable. No installation needed, stable and quick and everything. :p No dealing with cooking package in a stable Slitaz.

(but Kultex's how-to should work too)

-Babaorum
  • CQ1STCQ1ST March 2011
    (kultex: unfortunately, that was what I had tried but failed with some kind of dependency-hell)

babaorum: thank you, that is simple and works well, I now have a safe web-browser, cool"

(for anyone that wonders, a .bz2 opens with $tar jxvf ,rather than $tar zxvf for .tar.gz)
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za March 2011
    (We know :P - you could have just right clicked and extract here though)
  • CQ1STCQ1ST March 2011
    lol, for the dummies? no, people are always new to this stuff right?
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za March 2011
    You'd be surprised. I used to hate extracting bz2 files on shell hosts for this very reason when I was still on Windows a couple of years ago. Now I know most of the tar flags backwards... amazing how using (aka struggling with) Linux daily teaches you this stuff hey?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged

SliTaz Social