This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

setting up subversion on apache server
  • pannet1pannet1 March 2011
    Hello,

Can you any well tell me how to get mod_dav_svn.so. this plugin is required by apache in order to setup subversion repositiory browsing.
    Thanks for your help.

best regards
  • mojomojo March 2011
    See this:
    http://techgurulive.com/2009/01/05/a-quick-guide-to-install-subversion/
    III. Building A Subversion Server

First problem:
    The compile_rules for apache.tazpkg are wrong for an apache subversion server.
    See here: http://hg.slitaz.org/wok-stable/file/aa9be64ab91c/apache/receipt

In other words you have to compile apache from source. If you can do that you may be able to compile mod_dav_svn.so with mod_dav_svn.h which is in subversion-dev.tazpkg

Or:
    Try svnserve an alternative to apache is included in subversion.tazpkg

Dear Mojo,

Thank you very much for your reply. Its very sad that I have to do a lot of work for getting Subversion + Apache to work together. Even if I succeed, I have to again make PHP and MySQL work. I was quite thrilled to see SliTaz boot up so fast on the server, of a small Java Development Team that uses with WinXP as client.

They are running FC5 as their Server Software for over some years now. Then the sysadmin left the company and they do not know how to add new users to the Apache+svn. So, I thought of  duplicating all the functionality on Slitaz. Now, it seems as an impossible task with my part-time efforts.

Anyway thanks again for your time.
    I tried to compile the latest Apache from source and i get the following error.

configure: error: c preprocessor '/lib/cpp/' fails sanity check
    see 'config.log' for more details

attached config.log

can someone help me to rectify this.
    Attachments
    config.log 8K
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za March 2011
    SliTaz doesn't have a /usr/local/ directory so you'll need to use --prefix=/usr with ./configure.

Anyway, do you have slitaz-toolchain, slitaz-dev-pkgs and the required *-dev packages of the stuff apache requires installed?
    Dear Trixar_za,

No i dont have,
    installing and trying now.

best regards

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged

SliTaz Social