This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

development help needed
  • dreilanddreiland December 2010
    I can't make sense of tazdev, tazwok, tazbb.

Can somebody give me the steps on a fresh slitaz install to how to step and use a build environment?

I want to eventually rebuild all the packages.

Thanks!

yeah, I hoping somebody can fill in the holes.

tazdev chroot // ok, this gives me a chroot environment
    tazbb doesn't exit // ok, I tazpkg get-install tazbb
    tazbb cook-all // fails with a bunch of stuff missing

I am supposed to hg clone http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/ /home/slitaz/wok?
    ok, tazbb looking for /home/slitaz/hg/wok. I thinking it was looking for flavors as well. I tried to hg clone stuff under /home/slitaz/hg, but tazbb still fails.

• erniaernia December 2010
    i would start from tazwok, tazbb should be to rebuild the whole distro
    http://doc.slitaz.org/en:cookbook:wok
    I did validate I can:
    hg clone wok
    tazwok cook

cook-all would be the next thing on the list. The wiki mentions samples package-lists, but I don't see them installed. Is there a official list or way to generate the list file.

The rebuild/customize the whole distro is where I need to go for my evaluation. I need to use different toolchains and generate x86_64 image as well.

So, I think tazbb is where I need to be.
  • GokhlayehGokhlayeh December 2010
    Hi dreiland,

Actually there's no simple solution to cook SliTaz from scratch. Core packages, including toolchain, are in a loop-depends state and on our server they're compiled over previous versions of themselfs.
    So, build-system doesn't seems to be designed to recook from scratch, and for cook for another architecture than i*86.

The good news is that I'm working on an improved tazwok which can do that since few month; the bad news is that's not finish. Actually, it can cook an i*86 toolchain from scratch, but a lot of receipts need to be hacked to make them usable directly by this tool : this include modify the build_depends, tweaks some build code and check every package to see if it compiles fine. I think that make the SliTaz wok x86_64 compatible will be a huge task; but if enough people wants to contribute to this, having a SliTaz x86_64 cookable from scratch will happens in next months. Having it in packaged version will be a bit more difficult, because it means twice more CPU/RAM/storage needs.

About the tool itself : it's actually unstable (=major issues) and I work on it everyday. I don't know when it will be released in SliTaz; there will be a test phase with the team before to see if it's feet all needs and if we adopt it as a part of SliTaz build-system. This will be discussed trough the mailing list, as well as report ad collective development works. If you want to contribute to this, you're welcome :)
    thanks for the reply. As I research a platform to base by project on, the build tools and infrastructure play a large part of my decision. I will revist slitaz later.

thanks again

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social