This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

slitaz is not recognicing the swap partition
  • kultexkultex October 2009
    I have created with tazusb gen-swap a swap partition - but when I boot, it does not recognice - the problem is, the system has not enough memory, to boot, that I can run swapon swap.
    is there a cheatcode that slitaz is using the swap?
  • seawolfseawolf November 2009
    Try doing it manually: use Gparted to create & 'format' the swap partition (i use inverted commas because you don't use a swap file-system so don't really format it) and restart. Perhaps try running 'swapon /dev/hda3' or whatever in a terminal after booting.
    Just to try and diagnose at which stage the process fails :)
  • kultexkultex November 2009
    I am struggling around with my geode servers (Fujitsu Futro A210 and Alix1c)

What I can say at the moment:

The A210 I can forget - because with only 128MB only loram works

On the Alix1c

The internal swap file is never recognized - only after I have created it with tazusb gen-swap

If I create a swap partition on the end of the stick with gparted, it is recognized during booting

If I boot from internal IDE CF-Card, both swap files on the USB-stick are not recognized, but I can swapon the swap partition with swapon /dev/sda2

But there is another problem - if I boot from the stick, I have no network and a gtk+ error - (strange desktop) - the funny thing is, that when I boot from the internal IDE - everything works. The funny thing is, that the same thing happens also on the Intel Essential Series D945GSEJT (Atom N270)

is this known? what can I do against this?

• kultexkultex November 2009
    ok - the problem is solved

I just had to boot from the iso and replace the tux directory on the stick - there is somthing wrong with tazusb - I did not check which files was missing, but there was a difference .

It would be nice to mention this in the wiki, because it took me two days struggling around - those boards are not the quickest

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social