This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Impossible to change desktop wallpaper
  • GiancarloGiancarlo October 2010
    Hi to everybody! I created a new user on my laptop with slitaz and then changed desktop wall paper images through preferences in start menu. Everything seemed ok, but when I logged out and in again, new wallpaper disappeared substituted by standard slitaz wallpaper.

I tried it many times always with the same result: changing desktop wallpaper lasts only till the end of the session. Anyone knows this problem? Thanks very much for helping!
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za October 2010
    Probably the ownership and permissions of /home/username/.config/pcmanfm/main is wrong. So try changing it by going su to root then typing:
    chmod 777 /home/username/.config/pcmanfm/main && chown username /home/username/.config/pcmanfm/main && chgrp username /home/username/.config/pcmanfm/main

Remember to change username in the path and commands to your username :P
  • GiancarloGiancarlo October 2010
    Thanks a lot to everybody for kindness and helping. But Slitaz is far too complicated for me, there are too many problems and bugs arising here and where unpredictably. I decided to move to Puppy Linux, which is a bit more stable. Thanks again!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social