This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Problems booting slitaz 3.0 on aspire one from USB
  • petardopetardo October 2010
    Hi everybody,

I already posted this on the Spanish forum about a week ago but couldn't get a lot of help. Please tell me if there's any rule against posting the same topic in two different languages.

Well, the point is that I can not get to boot slitaz 3.0 on a aspire one. The booting process hangs on the PCI detection stage (I think).

I have already tried the same USB on another laptop (dell e6400) and it boots OK.

I´m a newbie to linux so I do not know how to solve this.

Anyone out there that can think of something to help?

thanks in advance...

PS. Sorry for my English if it not completely right but it is not my mother tongue so I just do my best.
  • mojomojo October 2010
    Try rootdelay=10 and acpi=off in grub bootcode.
  • petardopetardo October 2010
    I tried and it works !!

Only drawback is it starts on text only mode (console only, no GUI) . I tried startx and tazx but to no effect.

Any reason why I could be having that problem? and why those two modifiers solve it?

Thank you Mojo.

• mojomojo October 2010
    rootdelay=10 is required for every usb thumb drive install I've done. Gives the USB drive time to fully initialize before the kernel attempts to mount the root file system.

The acpi=off tells the kernel to turnoff it's acpi features.The slitaz kernel doesn't like the acer aspire one hardware bios.

I use acpi=force to turn off my computer with slitaz otherwise it halts, then I have to use the power switch.

Look here for Xorg help:
    http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:xorg-xvesa

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social