This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Grub Error after install on HD
  • jrbestjrbest October 2010
    I've tried installing SliTaz 3.0 a couple of times on my HD. The LiveCD works fine, the install seems to run smoothly as well. However, after it reboots and the Grub menu comes up and SliTaz 3.0 is selected, the next screen is an error that says...

Booting 'SliTaz GNU/Linux (cooking) ...

root (hd2,0)

Error 21: Selected disk does not exist

Press any key to continue...

I'm not really sure what to try... I'd really like to install SliTaz on my harddrive. I'm hoping this is an easy error to fix that someone has seen before. Thanks!
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za October 2010
    Could you give us more information on your system specs? Like how many hard drives and how are they hooked up and in what order? Is your DVD on the first channel, is the hard drive set as slave or master and what else do you have installed on them?

Here somebody with Ubuntu had a similar issue:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=285638

Maybe their solutions help. You could probably boot in through the LiveCD to make corrections to Grub too.
  • seawolfseawolf October 2010
    You can find out which do and don't exist by editing that line (press 'e') and deleting until "root (hd" and pressing [Tab] to list the drives. It too works for partitions; e.g. root (hd0, [Tab] will list the partitions on the first drive, with their type.
    HIH.
  • jrbestjrbest October 2010
    Cool... Seawolf's suggestion worked. hd0 works and I'm now a SliTaz user... cool. I really like this distro. Thanks!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social