This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

dropbox loads but can't be seen
  • gav989gav989 September 2010
    hi, new to slitaz and it's running nicely on my ibm x24 (£30 off ebay)

i've installed dropbox via the package manager and it appears in the 'internet' option in the menu, but when i run it nothing appears on screen or in the tray. it's visible in the task manager but i can't seem to get at it to interract with it

does anyone know how to fix this?
    yeah i looked through that earlier but a solution is never found

thanks for the reply though
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za September 2010
    Can you run dropbox from terminal and paste the output here? Maybe there is a missing dependacy somewhere.
    i type
    dropboxd
    into the terminal and press return but it just hangs, there is no output
    this article describes a way to get it working but i can't follow it

http://www.ogmaciel.com/?p=606

didn't know if anyone more techy could work out what to do from this...
  • seawolfseawolf September 2010
    I think that article just says he created the shortcuts to start at log-in and it worked. I can't see where he didn't have the tray icon.

So I switched over to Openbox and… no Dropbox! I pushed on and ps aux | grep drop told me that the dropboxd “daemon” was started from my $HOME/.dropbox-dist/ directory. I quickly added a "~/.dropbox-dist/dropboxd &" line to my $HOME/.config/openbox/autostart.sh file, restarted Openbox and… it worked! I didn’t get the nice little tray icon in my pypanel, but it worked as I made changes to a file and saw the information about the changes I made appear in my dropbox home page!

The screenshot may be from the other distro with which he is sharing the files, which has the tray icon.

Which version are you running? I'm on 0.7.110 downloaded from the website and it's fine; taking a look at the get-dropbox program it seems to install v0.6:
    seawolf@sammy:~ $ grep -i version=\" /usr/bin/get-dropbox
    VERSION="0.6.487"

Perhaps it is an issue with an older client?
    same version you state, 0.6.487

so should i download it from the dropbox website?
  • seawolfseawolf September 2010
    You could just backup your /usr/bin/get-dropbox script and edit it to include the newer version number. It seems to work on my machine after closing my copy, which I have in my ~/Downloads/ directory (thus away from this "newer" one.
  • GiancarloGiancarlo October 2010
    Sorry, but I am a newbie in Slitaz. I tried using dropbox and starting demon from terminal, but it hangs on with no result. If I start it from Internet-Dropbox apparently it doesn't happen anything, but trying to start it again from terminal give a message "another istance of dropboxd is running..."

The problem is I can't find any way to sign in in my dropbox account, no first run program window, nothing! Is there anybody who can help me?

Thanks a lot!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social