This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Desktop instable
  • GeraldoGeraldo September 2010
    after upgrading a message saying "One More XML syntax errors were found while parsing the configuration files opembox. stdout see for more information. Was seen the last error in file" / home / tux / .config / opembox / menu.xml " line with a message excepted start tag, '<' not found.<br />what does that mean? a box appears with the message "error: unable to stablish connection with FAM - do you have" FAM "or" gamin 'installed and running?
    the truth is that not open the pacmafm stable! I appreciate the help!
  • mojomojo September 2010
    Here's the best advice you'll ever get about computers.
    When it works make a backup clone image.
    When it breaks restore it with the backup clone image.
    I gave up on upgrading slitaz,it always breaks :((
  • seawolfseawolf September 2010
    I get the FAM error sometimes on Stable; it's PCManFM failing to srart I think. I just open up a Run dialogue (Windows+E on my machine, can't remember if I made that or if it's default) and run 'pcmanfm' to start the PCManFM desktop

I'm yet to find out what the heck that error actually is! I wonder if any others distros have seen it...

HIH.

EDIT: FWIW, on further investigation: FAM is the File Alteration Monitor, which monitors file for alterations (whooo). Gamin is a part of it, which I assume PCManFM uses to check for changes in files, or perhaps devices. Maybe it's watching network mounts or something. Since it can't establish a connection, perhaps it's trying to get it's PID or somehow else connecting to the other process, which it retries each time, and will succeed next.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social