This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Major cooking update
  • godanegodane September 2010
    I have been work on updating cooking the past 3 days. I added close to 70 updates and fixes to wok. I'm also willing to make new packages for slitaz. I was thinking of try to added alot of the emulators and games to it.

Also what's up with the mirrors? The main mirror is dated back to Aug 14. But the pkgs.slitaz.org tries linking to the newer packages.

I hope this helps.

• bellardbellard September 2010
    Hi,

Now tazbb checks that all packages listed in WANTED and BUILD_DEPENDS were built before cooking any package.
    The build bot (re)cook a lot of packages each days until the refresh will be empty.
    Exemple: curl is updated => recook php (because curl-dev) => recook cups (because php-dev) => recook gtk+ (because cups-dev) => ...
    If we sync mirror now, every packages are updated (because the new tools chain with GCC 4.5.1).
    Tomorrow hundreds of packages will be recooked and should be updated on mirror again.

The next update will be huge, but we try to have only one huge update.
  • godanegodane September 2010
    @bellard
    Wouldn't it be simpler to just update the wants that have different library (.so) files then rebuilding every thing over and over again.
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za September 2010
    I assume it's because of compatibility issues that the libraries have to be recooked rather than replaced.

@godane - I have Visualboyadvance (back-end), Visualboyadvance-gtk (front-end) and ScummVM that I converted over from debian and slackware packages. The Visualboyadvance-gtk had only one package requirement that was not in the repository, so I converted that package over and it runs perfectly. As for ScummVM, I used the slackware version because the Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora versions had mad requirements like an older version of readline and pulseaudio. The slackware version just needs the audio codecs to read it's formats and SDL. It runs pretty well because I tested it recently with a few games.

My aim was to convert them over with as few dependacies as possible and allow them to run. I also have a working version of ZSNES, and if somebody can give me a crash course in how to make that into a package, I would do that conversion too.

Anyway, you can grab these packages @ http://www.trixarian.za.net/?Projects:SliTaz
  • SlitazEditorSlitazEditor November 2010
    i need help getting JAva working on Slitaz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social