This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Help with TAZWOK
  • ChrisBChrisB August 2010
    Error from TAZWOK: checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: C compiler cannot create executables See 'config.log' for more details.

**Already have gcc and all dependencies installed. Error in config.log too many characters to post here. If needed I can quote the necessary parts if anyone desires a view of that.

Any suggestions right off the top? BTW.. Midori completely chokes on this page when trying to use it to post. Had to use Seamonkey instead.
  • seawolfseawolf August 2010
    Hi @ChrisB --

Did you install gcc or 'slitaz-toolchain' which pulls in more necessary tools?
    Can you upload config.log to PasteBin and link to it here?

Cheers.
    Thanks for replying so quickly seawolf. First I will install 'slitaz-toolchain' I have overlooked that detail while trying to 'Cook'. Thanks. As for 'PasteBin', I am unfamiliar with that function or feature? Could you elaborate on that a bit please. I'd be happy to try anything to learn more about this operating system.
    Seawolf, your first reply took me most of the way. Now I think I need to edit my pkg_config_path enviornment variables?
    configure:21263: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "xorg-server >= 1.0.99.901 xproto fontsproto $REQUIRED_MODULES"
    Package xorg-server was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xorg-server.pc'
    to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
    No package 'xorg-server' found
    configure:21266: $? = 1
    configure:21303: error: Package requirements (xorg-server >= 1.0.99.901 xproto fontsproto ) were not met:

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
    installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
    and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    See the pkg-config man page for more details.
    PS xorg-server is already installed ver 1.8.x
  • mojomojo August 2010
    Have you installed pkg-config.tazpkg ?
    Additionally looking this output over leads me to think that the suggestions listed above would be under a scenario where someone was compiling a package manually. If I were to alter my 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH', is that done by adding something to the TAZWOK script?
    mojo, Yes I did.
    Hi ChrisB --

Glad you're getting closer! PasteBin is just a website to which you can upload text files or whatever, and optionally others can edit it to show fixes etc. I usually use it for log files, just a fairly easy way of getting errors on to forums w/out clogging threads up.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xorg-server.pc'

Tazpkg shows that 'xorg-server.pc' is provided by the xorg-server-dev package; is the app that you're trying to compile requiring that package?

seawolf@sammy:~ $ tazpkg search-pkgname xorg-server.pc

Search result for file : xorg-server.pc
    ================================================================================
    xorg-server-dev

================================================================================
    1 pkg(s) found with file : xorg-server.pc

HIH.
    configure:21247: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "xorg-server >= 1.0.99.901 xproto fontsproto $REQUIRED_MODULES"
    Package pixman-1 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `pixman-1.pc'
    Package 'pixman-1', required by 'xorg-server', not found
    configure:21250: $? = 1
    configure:21263: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "xorg-server >= 1.0.99.901 xproto fontsproto $REQUIRED_MODULES"
    configure:21266: $? = 1
    configure:21303: error: Package requirements (xorg-server >= 1.0.99.901 xproto fontsproto ) were not met:

Finally this is my last error. There is no libpixman-dev package in the package manager. Not sure what to do from there. I've got just about every xorg package installed at this point.
    xproto and fontsproto and their dev packages are installed as well.
  • mojomojo August 2010

tazpkg search-pkgname pixman-1.pc

Search result for file : pixman-1.pc
    pixman-dev

1 pkg(s) found with file : pixman-1.pc

Thanks Mojo.. now I'm looking for the package that contains pciaccess.pc
    Furthermore is there any reference that would tell me this stuff? I hate to keep pestering folks on the forum. It seems that the easiest way to know what package some .pc file comes in is to already have it installed. Is there any other way to know?

If not I sure do appreciate the guidance with these tazpkg search-pkgname look ups that I'm getting from you guys.

Thanks again
  • mojomojo August 2010
    Start xterm and upgrade to tazpkg-3.4
    root@slitaz:tazpkg recharge

root@slitaz:tazpkg upgrade tazpkg

Now try the search
    root@slitaz:tazpkg search-pkgname pciaccess.pc

sweet. "teach a man to fish" Thanks Mojo!
    Ladies and gentlemen. We have a winner! Thanks so much guys. I'm rebooting and redoing my xconfig afterward. Hope I don't crash!
    Ok Might as well calls this one "case closed" tazpkg built perfectly after all of our adjustments. I restarted the pc and slitaz OS automatically loaded the new module into use. I don't know how or why, but it does. Maybe someone can explain that to me on a sidebar discussion sometime.

I had to edit my xorg.conf file to match monitor horizontal and vertical refresh settings. I also had to set color depth default and resolution. Once that's done, my screen looks awesome.

Thanks again to you all! If I can contribute my tazpkg to the group for s3Virge use by others, I'd be happy to do that. Please let me know!
    Ok.. prior to me reconfiguring X, my screen would go into power saving mode after an unknown timeout. Then come back up as soon as I moved the mouse. Now when that happens I can't get the screen to start again. I looked online as to how to adjust this but openbox does not seem to have anything to do with screen saving functions. Any suggestions? If this is thought to be a separate topic from actually getting the tazwok working for building the package I will be happy to repost under a new discussion. Please advise.

Thanks
    Update, xset -dpms command gets me around this problem. This is a command that disables energy star settings. I think I need a way to make it persistent.
    You should be able to do so by putting it in /etc/init.d/local.sh ; this file is a user-defined start-up script run after all services have started.
    HIH.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social