This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

[solved] audacious don't work?
  • GeraldoGeraldo August 2010
    after installing audacious can not make it work. is there another media player like amarok, exaile, banshee, that I can install, or what can be wrong in the installation of audacious. I'm using slitaz 3
  • seawolfseawolf August 2010
    Hi @Geraldo --

I just installed Audacious on v3 and it works fine for me. Could you run 'audacious' from a Terminal and see if it says and error messages? We can help diagnose the problem, then.

You can searh based on Description through the web interface:
    => http://pkgs.slitaz.org/
    If you go there, search the Description for 'player' then you should see a list of multimedia players. Quite often, video players like MPlayer can handle music too. Use Google to find screenshots and feature pages of each, to find one that works with you. Personally, I use QuodLibet which has more of an iTunes layout, but others include AlsaPlayer Gogglesmm & VLC.

HIH :-)
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za August 2010
    Audacious didn't work for either when I first intalled it. It's probably one of the dependancies that I installed later that made it work now. I did get the following warning when installing it though:
    WARNING: Dependency loop between audacious-plugins-2.2 and audacious.

Also when I start it with it's two modes, I get the following errors:
    root@trixarian:/home/brenton# audacious2 -i gtkui
    alsa-gapless: snd_device_name_hint failed: Invalid argument.
    vis in tabs
    root@trixarian:/home/brenton# audacious2
    alsa-gapless: snd_device_name_hint failed: Invalid argument.

(audacious2:1878): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_x11_atom_to_xatom_for_display: assertion `atom != GDK_NONE' failed

The problem then is probably a missing dependancy with regards to Audacious not working for you. Maybe you should try installing glibc-locale, gtkmm and gtkglext - they seem to fix most issues with programs that are gtk+ based and don't display (works for me anyway). Alternatively you could try using tazx and setup xorg to match your video setup.
    I installed libfaad.so.2 and the audacious work but don't gtk mode.
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za August 2010
    Probably a missing dependancy somewhere... here are the gtk packages I have installed if it helps: gtk+, gtk+-dev, gtkdialog, gtkglext, gtkmm, gtkmm-dev, gtkspell and perl-gtk2
    I was mistaken. Actually the audacious gtk works. both are working. Thank you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social