This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

No assistance given to me
  • davch17csodavch17cso August 2010
    Since I asked a couple of times for help with the install and no one offered to lend a helping hand I am giving up on istalling SliTaz. And oh by the way, you've lost out on a substantial sixed donation from me. I only donate to where I am going to get support. No support-no money.
  • ChristopheChristophe August 2010
    I am seeing one question from you, not two. And i am also seeing an answer given to you the same day you asked.

What are we missing in your question ??
  • mek8630mek8630 August 2010
    @davch17cso, well I do feel bad that nobody helped out IF you gave them enough time. I don't see your original post so I have no idea. I am sure someone would have helped you though if you had given them enough time. As christophe says they answered your question so I am not sure what the problem is. I guess if I could see the original post that might help. I am sure everyone here in the community wants to help though because Linux is a community driven system. BUT don't take it out on the developers of slitaz that you didn't get an answer as fast as you would have liked. This is a forum and as you can see I can't even find your original post, so when you have so many things going on in one place sometimes questions get lost. I know that is not a good thing but hey that's how forums are. I myself like to scout around and try and find questions that have been going unanswered and help the people out. I am sure yours would have gotten answered sooner or later. But anyway back the not taking it out on the developers, what I mean is if you don't want to donate your money that is fine, but when doing so you are not hurting us. You are just making it harder for the developers to continue to develop. You have to keep in mind that when they are making slitaz they are doing it just to be cool, they are doing it for free and they are not charging anyone anything ever. I mean it doesn't get much better than that. That is the way it is with all Linux distros. BUT Slitaz is an awesome system. I have used ALOT of ultra-lite weight distros before finding slitaz and let me tell you it seemed the developered just did a half-ass job. Now with slitaz I like it so much I will stick with them for as long as they are still developing new releases for us. I mean for the very start of using slitaz it was easy to install, easy to configure, easy to get connected to the internet and easy to do everything else like installing new packages. NOW if you think slitaz is hard to install then you should go and try some of the other light-weights on for size. I guarantee you will be right back here with us. Slitaz is a great system to stick with. I just started using it this week and already I love it. But seriously do you really go around donating money to every distro you try out? I doubt it. I don't even really believe that you were going to donate any money at all. That is fine that you weren't going to but don't try and make us believe that just because you are an impatient person and your question didn't get answered quick enough now your gonna take your business else where. Because if you don't think slitaz is a great system to contribute to then you have no idea what a great system is.
  • davch17csodavch17cso August 2010
    OK I will give it another chance. Back to my original question when I am running LiveCD mode it asks for username/password. Could some one please help me out? It would mean a lot to me as I am quite interested in SliTaz.
    My humblest apologies and Thank you.
  • ChristopheChristophe August 2010
    If i remember correctly there is no password on the slitaz livecd.
    You should be on a screen saying "boot:", from which you can hit enter or pass a boot command. I suggest you just hit enter there, and you can get help using the function keys.

Once logged in you are logged in as user "tux". I think there is no password for tux, but if it happens to ask you for a passwd (if you close the session instead of shutting down or rebooting, for exemple) which is not an emtpty password just try "tux" or "root". When you want to become root (or need too, since some admin task will ask you for the root password), the root password is root.

this can be taylored differently once you install slitaz permanently.
  • kultexkultex August 2010
    its hard to tell, if you dont tell wich SliTaz version you are using...

it seems to be a xorg problem so look at this....

http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:xorg-xvesa

and first try the XVesa Iso

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social