This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Black screen of resume from suspend
  • GullibleJonesGullibleJones November 2009
    Yes, the dreaded black-screen-on-resume bug is back in Slitaz, at least for my Aspire 3680 (Intel 945GM chipset, Celeron 520 processor). I have no idea what's causing it; the logs look fine, all I can say is that, when my computer resumes from suspend, the screen is completely black (as in, the backlight is off) and the machine unresponsive, and a hard reset is required to make it functional again. (Alt+SysRq would probably work but that seems to be disabled by default.)

I've tried a few likely-looking suspend quirks manually, to no avail. Are there any kernel options I should look into? Does anyone know what on Earth causes this bug?
  • AlabamaPaulAlabamaPaul November 2009
    I am having the same issue. But I am new to SliTaz with a laptop using an Intel 945GM with a Core2 Duo (T9400)
  • deadwaitdeadwait November 2009
    hi ,
    could you guide me as to how are you getting it to suspend in the first place
  • seawolfseawolf November 2009
    +1 on a Samsung N130 (Intel Atom N270, same graphics)

I'm doing it manually to ty andget output, unning pm-suspend / pm-hibernate etc.

Also, I'm using Xorg :)
  • vicavica May 2010
    I am doing at Xterm as a root the same thing: "pm-suspend". Results in the same black screen at Asus eeepc 1000 and never resumes. Also, Deadwait, make sure you have pm-utils installed for that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social