This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

3g modem
  • satwagunamsatwagunam July 2010
    Hi,

ttyUSB is not available for slatiz. Hence i am not in a position to use slatiz inspite of being good and better than puppylinux
  • seawolfseawolf July 2010
    Did you see the documentation site? There's a pageon 3G dial-up modem use:
    => http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:dialup

It tells of a utility (tazhw setup 3g-modem) available by the 'Hardware Detection And Drivers' item in the System Tools menu, and clicking the "3G Modem" button.

I personally can't help further as I haven't used any kind of dial-up since the turn of the century.

Good luck!

Btw, it's SliTaz, not Slatiz!
  • satwagunamsatwagunam July 2010
    Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I am trying but it is not working. ttyUSB is not getting created after the suggested steps. Hence the gnome dialer is not working
  • kultexkultex July 2010
    its hard to help with this little info - which modem are you using?
  • LexeiiLexeii July 2010
    Its not the same, but I have no problem with 2.5G (EDGE) modem in my mobile.

Install wvdial:
    tazpkg get-install wvdial

This is my only connection, I download packages and its dependencies manually from pkgs.slitaz.org, then install them.

Plug in the modem (I plug in my mobile phone to USB).
    Load kernel module:
    modprobe cdc_acm

Configure /etc/wvdial.conf .
    I just to know, you can use 'wvdialconf' command to create and auto-configure the /etc/wvdial.conf (this is not describe in wiki article!) Then you want edit conf to insert your pin, APN, username, password and dialing number.

And now, dialing and getting the net:
    wvdial

• anduandu July 2010
    It should work, you need to use another internet connection to get wvdial and use /etc/wvdial.conf to input your specific info. This is what works for me with Vodafone:

[Dialer Defaults]
    Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
    Baud = 7200000
    Init1 =
    Init2 = ATZ
    Init3 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
    Carrier Check = no
    Dial Command = ATX1DT
    Phone = *99***1#
    Username = ppp
    Password = ppp
    Stupid Mode = yes
    Auto Reconnect = yes
    Init5 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet.vodafone.ro"

Also, there is a hardware control panel (I'm not in Slitaz right now so I don't remember the name but it has a button to load necessary modules) which I believe loaded the 'option' module for my modem.
    It works, just have to be persistent and wvdial is your friend regarding 3G :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social