This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

No GUI in live CD
  • MarcinMarcin June 2010
    I want to install Slitaz linux in my hard drive, but can't even load live CD. After booting and logging in I type "startx" and there are a lot of errors. As if Slitaz couldn't identyfy my video card. In Debian identyfy my video card as intel, and works perfectly with driver from xorg.

Please help!!!
  • nonteenontee June 2010
    check your Live CD at first it's burning complete and with correct speed or not (MD5), suggess to use very low speed for CD burning. if these is OK, then,,,,

checking by your current OS. (Ubuntu or LinuxMint or SuSe etc, has been running good before on your machine) and locate at /etc/X11/xorg.conf to see inside this file, what is the corrected monitor setting. then copy these value and replace to the /ect/X11/xorg.conf. for Slitaz by running the Slitaz live CD.

nomally i use the Live CD of Puppy Linux 4.3 to runing as liveCD, During system installation to the Rom i have got to select the size of monitor and video card, just try one of the selection ether 640x480 or 800x600 or 1024x768 or more and if the pupy show the correct size of monitor it's mean the config file name /etc/X11/xorg.conf is correct then use this value.
  • MarcinMarcin June 2010
    nontee, how can I edit ~xorg.conf file in Slitaz? which text editor is available in command line in Slitaz?

marcin
  • nonteenontee June 2010
    try nano
    or leafpad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social