This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

"configuring loopback" stays too long at boot
  • alan093alan093 May 2010
    Hi:

At boot up, the process stays for 1 minute in the "configuring loopback" stage and then continues normally. Is it normal??. I have LAN ethernet connection to a modem-router (not PPPoE).

Thanks, Ale
  • crackercracker June 2010
    Up I have the same problem too, does anyone know if it is possible to fix it? It's really too bad because all is very good in this OS (even wlan connection!!)
  • seawolfseawolf June 2010
    I've no idea but you could try this hack to see if anything breaks if you background it:
    Append an ampersand to line 76 of /etc/init.d/network, where the loopback is called.
    If something breaks, try adding 'sleep 10' as well.

It depends if X or and other program actually needs the loopback interface by the time you notice.

YMMV considerably!
  • crackercracker June 2010
    Hi seawolf!
    You were right. The problem came from the /etc/init.d/network.sh.
    It wasn't in the line 76 (maybe not the same file??) But it was when the internet connection was made. First of all, the system tried to connect via eth0 and that failed for me 'cause I use wlan0. As a consequence, I just comment the lines whicn enables eth0 to switch directly to wlan0 and it fixed it. The boot sequence takes less than 20 seconds. Exactly what I expected.

For those who might have the same problem I comment the lines belows:
    in the boot function
    #sbin/ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up

In the start() function
    # eth()

Hope that helps and Thx
  • seawolfseawolf June 2010
    Great!
    Is there anything amiss in the Network configuration in the Control Box? I'm thinking you can switch eth0 for wlan0 so it won't attempt to start it...
    Ah well, if it works!
  • alan093alan093 August 2010
    Thanks to Cracker & Seawolf I'll try that.

Ale.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social