This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Collection of SliTaz GNU/Linux 3.0 packages... how can I use it?
  • GiancarloGiancarlo May 2010
    Hello to everybody! Forgive me and my poor english, but I am a newbie of Slitaz. I downloaded the Collection of SliTaz GNU/Linux 3.0 packages and put it on a sd card, then I booted my system from it, hoping to find a Slitaz installation completed with all available packages (by the way this installation occupies almost 2 GB instead of 1 GB written on site).

Instead of a complete suite of all applications, I found the standard Slitaz installation, with only the minimum set of applications installed. For example, for using Abiword I still have to download it from internet. I read that it is necessary to run the install.sh script to install application. But how can I do it? Script is located in root directory of my card, but it is not in the root directory of my filesystem in ram. Is it possible to automatize installation of all packages? So that I don't have to repeat installation each time I boostrap?

Thanks a lot for helping!
  • tikbalangtikbalang May 2010
    i'm not on slitz right now. run tazpkg found in the lower right corner (taskbar) play with the tabs until you find the section where you can point to the downloaded files. load the files from there.

don't forget to refresh/reload the package list.
  • seawolfseawolf May 2010
    Hi @Giancarlo --

One method that may work is to mount the ISO image under a directory, say /media/cdrom :
    # mount packages.iso /media/cdrom -t iso9660 -o loop,ro
    and add it to the start of the /var/lib/tazpkg/mirror file. This will mean TazPkg will search that directory when attempting a download of packages.

There is also a DVDBox option in the last tab of TazPkgBox. I assume that will do the job for you, though I haven't personally tried it!

HIH.
  • mojomojo May 2010
    The packages-3.0.iso is an offline repository of all tazpkgs and the slitaz website. It is not an install DVD of slitaz-3.0 with every tazpkg installed. This is if you need an archive of all the tazpkgs of a certain version of cooking or you have access to high speed internet at work but not at home.

This is used with a running slitaz livecd or hard drive install.

the install.sh script on the iso links the packages on the packages DVD to tazpkg and tazpkgbox.It installs the /website/index.html from the website mirror on the DVD to provide access from the browser links.

Taken from: http://www.slitaz.org/en/get/index.html

A bootable DVDROM image of all available packages for version 3.0 is generated every day. It also contains a copy of the website and can be used without an internet connection via the install.sh script.
  • GiancarloGiancarlo May 2010
    Thanks to everybody for help!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social