This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Suggestions for 3.0
  • fstephensfstephens March 2010
    I'm really looking forward to the release, but I hope a couple of things have been fixed.
    One is that I think there should be a default button that is pressed by hitting the Enter Key on most dialog boxes. It saves reaching for the mouse all the time.

Perhaps permissions for the cdrom device could be set automatically so that Burnbox works "out of the box"? Also, the help button does not open a help file. Browser shows "file not found".

Of course it would be great if xorg could autodetect the graphics chip & monitor and autoconfigure resolution on startup (or at least offer more than 800x600).

Network configuration never works for me. Seems it won't set a static IP address. I always have to do it manually. Maybe it's just me, since I don't see any discussions about it.

Are we still on track to release the 28th?
    Thanks to all the developers for the hard work. I'm really enjoying using Slitaz!
  • jozeejozee March 2010
    Your suggestions were discussed and most of them are already accepted.

As Slitaz 3.0 countdown has begin and everything is freezed, no more additions of features. But remember Slitaz has an easy upgrade function. So, even stable like cooking has some form of rolling release model. So, if something is not fixed, we can always fix the bug later.
    Thanks jozee. As an ex-Gentoo user I like the rolling release idea.

I'm testing 3.0 right now. Some preliminary observations:
    Sqlite, gparted are old versions. Shouldn't these be updated?
    Burnbox help still not found - file:///usr/share/doc/burnbox/burnbox.html

Midori seems like a good light browser, but often locks up with 100% CPU useage. (Celeron 600Mhz, 256MB, IBM ThinkPad). This is the 3rd time I have tried to send this because Midori locked up.

Installing ATI xorg driver failed. Dmesg shows "glxinfo[3602]: segfault at 18 ip b7fd38b4 sp bfaa0608 error 4 in libGL.so.1.2[b7fa1000+86000]"
    In my opinion, Slitaz should not try to install packages without asking; chat, edit image, watch video, write documents menu items.

Anyway, overall, great work guys!
  • taylorchutaylorchu March 2010
    i hope slitaz can update pcman file manager
    Yes, I have been waiting for an improved version too. Hope the new version handles symbolic links better than the present one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social