This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Unable to start xinetd daemon with swat
  • JerryJerry February 2010
    Since xinetd is not provided by SliTaz, I download xinetd-2.3.14 from some site (the official website is inaccessible). Configure it with --prefix=/usr, make && make install. Then I create /etc/xinetd.conf:

service swat
    {
    socket_type = stream
    server = /usr/sbin/swat
    disable = no
    port = 901
    wait = no
    user = root
    protocol = tcp
    }

Then I try to start the daemon by ./xinetd -d, it shows "Protocol tcp not in /etc/protocols". Then I remove the protocol line in xinetd.conf, it then says "A protocol or a socket_type must be specified for service: swat".

I have succeeded in running swat by inetd provided by SliTaz originally, but I'm still curious about how to use xinetd to run swat. Thank you.
  • seawolfseawolf February 2010
    I think the config files for individual services, like that block, are stored as files inside /etc/xinet.d/ and /etc/xinetd.conf is left as-is. I'm basing this from my Fedora install, so may be different. I'll zip my files if you'd like.
  • JerryJerry February 2010
    Thanks for you reply. I create the file /etc/xinet.d/swat, but ./xinetd -d seems to neglect the folder.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social