This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Synaptics Driver Can't find synaptic touchpad
  • mukulpmukulp January 2010
    Xorg recognizes my touchpad under /dev/input/mice , and assigns "mouse" driver to it. When i ask it to use xorg's synaptics driver, it returns, "No synaptics device found. Tried 13 nodes. The synaptics touchpad is showing under /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio4/input8, which shows a device 'mouse1' but it is not showing in /dev/input which only lists mouse0, mice, event0, event1, event2, ts0 (none of which are returning synaptics driver's probing). I wish to use synaptics driver and hence use double-tap drag-lock etc. Anybody knows what i should be doing? (mouse1 also shows under /sys/devices/virtual/input/mice/subsystem/ and so does mice and mouse0 and whole lot of others.mouse1 also shows under /sys/dev/char/13:33/ which just links it to /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio4/input8 ...) I mknod a character device mouse1 in /dev/input with major 13 and minor 33 , but that doesn't work, either. Anybody can help me with how to get the synaptics driver work with my touchpad?
    Oh i forgot to mention i have a self-compiled kernel 2.6.30.6 ...but it does recognize the synaptics touchpad and assigns it /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio4/input8 so i figure that should not be a propblem....?
  • NoxyNoxy January 2010
    hi

1 . install package "Xorg-xf86-input-synaptics"

2. open file "/etc/X11/Xorg.conf " with leafpad (in root)
    in Xorg.conf add at : Section "ServerLayout"

InputDevice "Synaptics Touchpad" "AlwaysCore"

and add at : Section "Module"

Load "synaptics"

and add a new section under inputdevice like that :

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Synaptics Touchpad"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "HorizScrollDelta" "1"
    Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
    Option "LeftEdge" "1700"
    Option "RightEdge" "5300"
    Option "TopEdge" "1700"
    Option "BottomEdge" "4200"
    Option "FingerLow" "25"
    Option "FingerHigh" "30"
    Option "MaxTapTime" "180"
    Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
    Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
    Option "MinSpeed" "0.09"
    Option "MaxSpeed" "0.18"
    Option "AccelFactor" "0.0015"
    Option "SHMConfig" "on"
    Option "TapButton1" "1"
    Option "TapButton2" "3"
    Option "TapButton3" "2"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
    EndSection

3 . Save file and restart your pc

regards
    Thanks! I tried, but it didn't work... :(
  • nsawnsaw January 2010
    I have the same problem when using 2.6.32.x compiled myself. I suspect there's some kernel modules that is missing. When I used slitaz's default kernel (2.6.30.6) + xorg-xf86-input-synaptics + hal fdi from archlinux (located in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/11-x11-synaptics.fdi), the touchpad works fine.
  • nsawnsaw January 2010
    Sorry, double comment.
  • flymoflymo August 2010
    @Noxy, many thanks! Our SliTaz 3.0 stable is now tapping and scrolling most elegantly, thank you! Makes a big improvement.
    All the best, Ben
  • flymoflymo August 2010
    Noxy - many thanks - our SliTaz 3.0 Stable is now scrolling and tapping well!

All the best, Ben
  • flymoflymo August 2010
    Noxy - many thanks - our SliTaz 3.0 Stable is now scrolling and tapping well!

All the best, Ben

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social