This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

connect to wifi with pcmcia card
  • francescosgrofrancescosgro December 2010
    I have an HP omnibook xe2 (256 mb ram, AMD k6-II 550 cpu, 4GB hd, shared video memory 8 MB). I installed Slitaz 3.0 and I tried to connect to my wifi with a D-link pcmcia wifi card (airplus dwl-g650). The system recognized and installed the card, then I "see" the wifi network, but it can't connect. Thanks
    I modified the file "network.conf", but when I open midori I can't connect. Everything seems working fine, the network is shown as connected, but there's no connection. Thanks
  • erniaernia December 2010
    output of
    ifconfig
    and
    route -n
    ?
  • erniaernia December 2010
    wlan0 and wmaster0 don't have an IP address, i don't know which one should get the ip address but one of these should get it assigned from a dhcp server in your wifi router or manually from you, try the controlbox icon in the low right corner of lxpanel.
    i'm not so smart with wifi, mojo would be more helpful than me

it translation of my broken english:

nè wlan' nè wmaster0 hanno un indirizzo IP, non so quale delle due dovrebbe averlo ma una delle due dovrebbe ottenerlo o dal server dhcp del router wifi a manualmente da te. prova a usare l'icona controlbox che trovi in basso a destra nel lxpanel.
    non sono tanto bravo col wifi,io non lo uso, mojo ti sarebbe più d'aiuto
    hahahahah!
    Ma sei italiano anche tu! Pure io mi stavo esaurendo a scrivere in inglese! Cmq ho provato ad assegnare il DHCP a wlan0, che sarebbe il nome assegnato dal sistema alla mia scheda wifi (DHCP = yes). Inoltre, ho settato STATIC IP = no. Mi sa che forse posso provare a mettere come periferica di default questa wmaster0. Appena posso faccio la prova e ti dico. Grazie.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social