This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Network unreachable
  • buenlimonbuenlimon November 2010
    I just downloaded Slitaz 3.0 stable and burned it on CD. It boots without trouble and all applications react lightning fast. The various ways of connecting to internet all fail. Pinging the router (192.168.2.1) gets the answer: network unreachable. What can I do?
  • TotoetsasoeurTotoetsasoeur November 2010
    Hi,
    What about telling us what connection you're trying to use (wifi, ethernet, modem,....)?

Supposing you're using ethernet, please:
    a) check if the board is recognized => dmesg | grep eth0
    b) check if board is correctly set => ifconfig eth0
    c) ....

And this page may worth looking at: http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:network-script

Happy slitaz
    Stephane
    Thank you for caring. I seem to have 2 ethernet cards for what reason ever. It is eth1 that has a cable in it and that is used by Ubuntu. So I must find a way to use eth1 with Slitaz.
  • kultexkultex November 2010
    it is in the slitaz box - network just change to eth1 and then restart the network with hopefully (I am not on SliTaz) in the console as root with

/etc/init.d/network.sh restart

if this does not help give the output of

ifconfig
    There is one «settings» box where I can make settings. I set eth1 instead of eth0. Then press Start. Nothing happens. ifconfig lists 2 devices, eth0 and lo. Here eth0 has a lot of zeros to it. However editing /etc/network.conf and starting /etc/init.d/network.sh did the job.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social