This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Another Mach64-Ati Rage Pro question
  • sanger440sanger440 January 2011
    I had previous success installing the Mach64 packages on a P2 440-bx chipset laptop and am now trying to install these packages on a P2 laptop with a Ali chipset. I eventually found a .tar packaged that compiled and installed on the 440-bx laptop that got 3d working.

So I have the mesa-dri-mach64 and the xorg0xf86-video-mach64 packages installed and followed all the wiki instructions.  I am using cooking with all the updates and booting into the 2.6.37 Kernel.  (the previous laptop has cooking with 2.6.36 kernel so cooking has been updated?)

The /var/log/xorg.log shows that the Mach64 driver is loaded and recognizing the Video Card, setting the resolution, etc but throws the following error:

AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    [    30.360] (EE) GLX: could not load software renderer
    [    30.360] (II) GLX: no usable GL providers found for screen 0

A previous post on this issue said this error happens when the file in /usr/lib/dri is not working properly, I am assuming in this case it is the file /usr/lib/dri/mach64_dri.so is not working.

Since it worked on the 2.6.36 kernel, maybe it is the new Kernel, maybe the Ali chipset, not sure.  Any help or insight would be appreciatied.

Here is a link to the forum discussion I referenced:
    http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/6231/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social