This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

[SOLVED] Compiling problems
  • 255255255255255255 January 2011
    So I was trying to compile kforth and ran make, but I get this error:

/usr/include/sys/syscall.h:25:24: fatal error: asm/unistd.h: No such file or directory

So the problem is that the file exists, but it is in the same directory as syscall.h, so I changed it so it would look in the same directory, by editing the file, but then the same thing happen for a different file, but at /usr/include/bits/asm/ (but asm/ doesn't exist and all the files are just in bits/ ), so I realized doing that wasn't the answer (actually it probably is that right answer if you do it for every file).

Then a tried symbolic links and creating an asm folder and coping all those files in it too, but those didn't work either.

I also tried looking in the Makefile to see if I could change something, but nope.

Truth be told I don't really know what I am doing when I - rarely - compile, and the oldest package (.deb, rpm, etc.) to convert that I could find was more then a few years old. Anyways, it appears that something needs a fixing.

also using cooking.

also http://ccreweb.org/software/kforth/ if you're interested
  • mrblack234mrblack234 January 2011
    Try search using xterm and run by root. CODE:

Black@Apache2:~$ su <Enter>
    password: YOUR_PASSWD_HERE

root@Apache2:~# tazpkg search-pkgname asm/unistd.h
    <Enter>

linux-api-headers
    linux-module-headers
    rt-source
    uclibc-cross-compiler-armv4eb
    uclibc-cross-compiler-armv4l
    uclibc-cross-compiler-armv4tl
    uclibc-cross-compiler-armv5l
    uclibc-cross-compiler-armv6l
    uclibc-cross-compiler-i486
    uclibc-cross-compiler-mips
    uclibc-cross-compiler-mips64
    uclibc-cross-compiler-mipsel
    uclibc-cross-compiler-powerpc
    uclibc-cross-compiler-powerpc-440fp
    uclibc-cross-compiler-sh4
    uclibc-cross-compiler-sparc

/not sure what this means.
  • mrblack234mrblack234 January 2011
    that's the slitaz packages. but I recommended you installing the slitaz-toolchain package to install linux-api-headers package.

run by root on xterm CODE:

root@Apache2:~# tazpkg get-install slitaz-toolchain

It worked!

also as a side note, the kernel headers that were downloaded were for 2.6.34, but a fully updated cooking runs *.37, not sure if that matters in the long run, but for now it seems not.

Thanks again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social