This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Some questions on Loram-cdrom
  • molmol November 2010
    Hi

Very interesting the idea of Loram-cdrom, but want to know more about the way it works.

I've seen in the boot folder, a tiny rootfs.gz in it. I suppose it's the only thing lauched in RAM .. ?
    Would it be possible to have rather the classical 30mb rootfs.gz in that place ?

My final project is to have a loram-cdrom iso , with an uncompressed xvesa Slitaz (+-100mb) launch in RAM at boot. And beside this,
    some more heavier packages installed in /usr but remaining on the cdrom (not launched in RAM) (+- 600mb)

Finally, and I saw no info about this, make it Live CD but also Live USB.

This could be a very good solution to use the whole space of a CD but still have the essential in RAM
  • mojomojo November 2010
  • molmol November 2010
    Yep,

But doesn't answer my questions..

But dou you think is it a good idea ? Some newcomers could find Slitaz a bit
    "stripped-out" .. So why not use the full space of a cd with some nice backgrounds, themes, firmwares ...
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za November 2010
    For people looking for a fully featured Distro, I would say yes.

Personally, I would use it if it came with GIMP, XChat, codecs, flash, java, Pidgin, etc - pretty much like Mint Linux, but built up on SliTaz's core. That would be an amazing achievement. I still think we should wait for SliTaz 4 to come out. From what I've read on this forum, it'll come with LXDE 2 and full udev support without the need for HAL. Pretty soon we'll show those Lupu Puppy supporters a thing for two ;)
  • molmol November 2010

There is one thing to support above all. External Screen and easy configuration.

But question : how can we install loram-cdrom on usb ?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social