This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

impressed! and a couple of q's
  • askewaskew May 2010
    i just have to chime in and say wow! i messed around with 2.0 a year ago and really enjoyed it but had a few issues with it. i think my issues were mostly with xvesa and not being able to fully use all of my keys/touchpad on my netbook.

i have been playing around with 3.0 for a few days now and i am very impressed with the progress that has been made since 2.0. i have been running stable 3.0 off of a 1gig stick. i just upgraded to cooking mainly for the newer midori and the new vlc (i do not like pre 1.0). midori is just amazing, on 2.0 it was still quite buggy but not any more!

i have tweeked 3.0 to behave more like #!- added a bunch of superkey shortcuts, tweeked synaptics to scroll and double tap lock, added conky and vlc... still not sure if i will get rid of lxpanel for tint2 yet.

quick question: since its running totally in ram can i unmount the usb stick and remove it after i boot as long as i am not gzipping changes?

also- if i were to install to the ssd drive would slitaz still boot completely into ram?

big thanks and cheers to all involved with slitaz!
  • kultexkultex May 2010
    I would say yes for both questions and in addtition to question 2 - only if you do the frugal installation - just copy your stick to the ssd-partition and edit your grub-menu.lst (I use SliTaz like this on my SSD)
  • askewaskew May 2010
    thanks kultex for taking the time to answer my questions.

after more testing midori is still a little buggy but not too bad. a few force closes every once in a while.

cheers!
  • sanekssaneks May 2010
    @askew: could you provide informationon how you enabled the double tap lock and scrolling on the touchpad? I have an eee701 and really miss this feature
  • askewaskew June 2010
    saneks-

sorry for the delay in responding.

http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php/discussion/491/synaptics-driver-can-t-find-synaptic-touchpad

noxy's post did the trick for me. btw- thank you very much noxy! took me a little while to find but a google of 'synaptics slitaz' lead me to the fix.

also, if you havent done so already openbox keybindings are so handy.

cheers and best of luck- i hope that works for you also.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social