This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Slitaz 3.0 is released
  • jozeejozee March 2010
    Hi all,

In case you haven't noticed yet, SliTaz team has released SliTaz 3.0. Download the iso and read the announcement: http://www.slitaz.org/

Read release notes for more details: http://www.slitaz.org/en/doc/releases/3.0/relnotes.en.html

A huge thanks to all of you for your support.

Cheers,

SliTaz Team
  • davesurreydavesurrey March 2010
    Hi jozee and team
    I've had it installed for a few hours so far and my first impressions are that it's a big improvement. It certainly looks very professional and has resolved most of the issues I had with Cooking. Very many thanks to all the devs involved.

As I wrote below I am having problems setting the resolution of my nvidia card.
    Hopefully this can be solved soon.

Thanks again and congratulations to all those involved.
    Dave
  • BertBert March 2010
    Congratulations, Slitaz Team!!!

I played with Slitaz in one of its early incarnations and was impressed by the concept. Now, with version 3.0, you've moved way beyond the "proof-of-concept"-stage. It is just incredible to see that all this functionality and user-friendliness can be cramped into 30 MB!

Just downloaded 3.0 today, so had no chance yet to thoroughly test it, but first impressions are very, very positive.

My main OS is Ubuntu, the daily workhorse, but I've been a Puppy Linux user/lover for many years. Puppy has a bigger community than Slitaz and a very friendly atmosphere, but it is at the moment in a phase of utter creative chaos. While this is to me the most attractive aspect of Puppy, in the end we're just talking about operating systems to be used to get some work done.

This is where the new Slitaz shines. My impression is you have a very clearly defined goal and, as a team, work steadily towards it. Part of what I like is that Slitaz has made room for complete internationalization from day one. This is in sharp contrast to other minimalist distros, that tend to stay Anglo-centric.

Just like Dave above, I wanted to change the screen resolution to 1024*768, but didn't succeed. ( the machine is an Asrock 330 ION nettop, so an Atom 330 with Ion graphics.)

Many thanks to the team!
    Congrats again,

Bert
  • huevoteshuevotes March 2010
    Thanks to all the Slitaz Team!
    Gracias a tdo el equipo de Slitaz!
  • maxxmaxx March 2010
    I have downloaded the new SliTaz 3.0 ISO, I'll install it tonight on my Asus EEEPC 701. SliTaz is the slimmest distro I ever installed on the netbook, and it's really super fast. I love it!
  • jozeejozee March 2010
    Anyone having a problem with resolution not being 1024*768 or higher. You need to manually improve xorg.conf. Please refer to this thread: http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/lists.tuxfamily.org/slitaz/2010/03/msg00008.html

Most likely the problem is that the vesa driver supplied with Xorg is not at par with that of actual Xvesa driver.

So, the other solution is that you can also download Xvesa flavor
  • babaorumbabaorum March 2010
    Holy cow, all this work is awesome ! I'm so impressed...
  • BertBert March 2010

Thank you jozee. Will have a look at that. The Slitaz menu is so full of handy tools and utilities, I expected to find a button for instant screen resolution setting. (spoiled user that I am :) ) Would it be thinkable this could be added in a next release?

In the link you gave, Paul was wondering:

<<Hopefully we can find a way to get Xorg working out of the box?>>

Thanks!

• puppystarpuppystar March 2010
    Hello Slitaz Team!!
    I wish to congratulate the entire team at SliTaz excellent work.
    The Linux community worldwide should be very grateful.
    Forward Slitaz!!!
    PuppyStar
  • j0hvj0hv April 2010
    Just wanted to say thanks for a great distro. Keep up the good work! :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social