This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

CUPS Shows a Blank Page
  • wmichaelbwmichaelb February 2011
    Hi, I have been unable to get CUPS running, even after following the directions in the Guide very carefully. I've added cupsd to the initial boot routine, and when as root I click on Slitaz menu/System Tools/Manage Printing, the familiar CUPS menu opens up. I click on Administration, and then Add Printer, and I'm asked for a username and password. 

If I type in the password that I installed with CUPS, it will not recognize it. If I type in the password for root, it leads me to a completely blank screen. Have I bleeped up the password, or the permission, or ??? Any suggestions are more than welcome, and thanks in advance. 
  • wmichaelbwmichaelb February 2011
    Of all things, CUPS will NOT allow me to add a printer from root, but only from my user account. That is exactly backwards to what I'm used to in Unix, but I'm now good to go. I'm just glad that I stumbled into it!

Thanks to all; hope this helps someone else.
  • slicelslicel March 2011
    I documented the cups login problem a year ago.  It looks like it is not fixed yet.  Maybe it will be fixed for slitaz 4.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social