This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Japanese Keyboard Problems on SliTaz
  • nomearodnomearod November 2010
    Hi. I installed SliTaz on an old Japanese laptop (HP nx9110). After selecting the keyboard mapping "jp106", almost all the keys in the keyboard are correct, except for the backslash/underscore key (the one beside the right-shift key, in case anyone also has one). When I tried the Ubuntu LiveCD and chose their Japanese settings, the keyboard works properly (with the backslash/underscore key responding properly).

Is there a way for me to use Ubuntu's keyboard driver (or whatever you call it) on SliTaz?

I tried searching around the net, but sadly I wasn't able to find anything. I'm fairly new to Linux in general, so a newbie-friendly guide would be greatly appreciated.
  • nomearodnomearod December 2010
    Bump?
  • mojomojo December 2010
    Add these options to /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard0"
    Driver "kbd"
    Option "XkbModel" "jp106"
    Option "XkbLayout" "jp"
    EndSection
  • GawronGawron December 2010
    If the above method don't help, you can try to dump your Ubuntu keymap with
    # /bin/busybox dumpkmap > jp.kmap

then copy jp.kmap from Ubuntu to SliTaz and test
    # loadkmap < jp.kmap

If you are happy with new keyboard, copy it to /usr/share/kmap and change system settings to new keymap.
    On cooking keyboard layout is defined on /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-Keyboard.conf
    On 3.0 like in mojo's answer.
  • nomearodnomearod December 2010
    Thanks! mojo's answer worked nicely! But I still have that kmap from Ubuntu, just in case. :P Now my underscore works nicely. ^_^v
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social