This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

LXRandr
  • coco13coco13 November 2010
    Hi

I love SLitaz , but i was wondering when it will be possible to plug an external monitor via lxrandr
    I've tried the cooking version but only my laptop screen appears in the GUI. On crunchbang (ubuntu+openbox), lxrandr works well.
  • GawronGawron November 2010
    I use console tool xrandr with external monitor.
    Plug in monitor. Type in console xrandr --auto and it should work.
    More examples and exact description on this site http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/HowToRandR12
    root@slitaz:~# xrandr
    xrandr: symbol lookup error: xrandr: undefined symbol: XRRGetCrtcTransform
    root@slitaz:~# xrandr --auto
    root@slitaz:~# lxrandr
    lxrandr: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    root@slitaz:~# tazpkg get-install libjpeg
    libjpeg (8b) is installed.

(process:13845): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback 'C' locale.
    Hi coco13
    Sorry I didn't mention earlier, that I use stable version of slitaz. Cooking cooks still and there are too many problems I couldn't solve. For example no keyboard on virtualbox etc. This metod works on stable 3.0. Tested with graphic card Neomagic on my old ThinkPad with xorg driver installed like in this guide http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:xorg-xvesa. More examples on this post http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php/discussion/2078/changing-screen-resolution
    Regards
    I DID use stable version ...

here's output with cooking, new linux kernel, xrandr et lxrandr installed

connect external screen on my eee since boot

root@slitaz:~# xrandr
    xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
    Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 800 x 600, maximum 800 x 600
    default connected 800x600+0+0 0mm x 0mm
    800x600 0.0*
    640x480 0.0
    root@slitaz:~# xrandr --auto

Could anyone convert lxrandr from crunchbang ?
  • kultexkultex November 2010
    I dont think, that this is a problem of xrandr -
    are you using the vesa driver in SliTaz, which driver is using Crunchbang
    try to copy the xorg.conf from crunchbang to slitaz and look, what is happening
    but it can also be a depency problem

and I think it should work as user and not as root
    Hi coco13
    Today I tested xrandr with external monitor and it can’t see it. My previous examples were made on internal display. Seems that xrandr on SliTaz works only with internal display. I have debian lenny on another computer and there xrandr works with external monitor without problems. Maybe you can try to convert xrandr from debian. It is in x11-xserver-utils, but I don’t know if it will work in SliTaz too. In debian it works with intel graphics card. I don’t plan to use external monitors on my computer with SliTaz onboard and for that reason don’t have converted and tested debian package.
    as I told - thats not xrandr - thast the vesa driver thats used by default slitaz - vesa supports only one head not dual head - you have to install the intel or other driver.

see here http://www.spinics.net/lists/xorg/msg44633.html
    Grrr ... so ... slitaz 3 (xorg) + xorg-xf86-video-intel + xrandr ans lxrandr

Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 800 x 600, maximum 800 x 600
    default connected 800x600+0+0 0mm x 0mm
    800x600 0.0*
    640x480 0.0

I have to add something in

all this is just stupid .. xvesa,xorg.conf and now xorg.conf.d in the new cooking

I've got a eee 900 which works under the same graphic chip that almost ALL netbooks and nobody here has connected a external monitor yet ??

Héé hoo, who still use i386 16mb here ??

xorg comes just with a damn 800*600 and despite hundreds of tutorials which
    finaly never works !

Rather than a x tutorial, GOD give the eee users a simple xorg.conf for pluging external monitor !
    Is there AT LEAST any command which able me to have any sign of life of my external monitor ? The only thing I can do, is to connect my external at boot
    an have the same image, definition on both screens.
    @coco13 in this thread is a xorg.conf for the same board, as it is in the eee - thats for an 1600 x 1200 external monitor - you have to define both monitors in the xorg.conf

http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php/discussion/comment/5489/#Comment_5489

to see how it works, try lin2go.com - thats a distri, that is optimised for eee-pcs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social