This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

troubles with sata and upgrades
  • time4medstime4meds February 2010
    Got a good one for ya! Recently I've added a sata drive to my pc. Windows and slackware have no problen seeing
    it. So I pop in the SliTaz 3.0 cooking iso, no problem seeing it, continue to install to the new drive. Then boot
    into it, no troubles, 'cept for one minor detail. Trying to access other partitions on the sata drive, I open mountbox, or check with fdisk, the device is not there.
    How can it not 'see' the drive from which it is running from?
    Now, the first thing you're likely thinking is, 'how about an upgrade'. First of all I have nothing but troubles doing
    the full upgrade to lzm. It does fix the sata issue, but breaks my internet. I can get around the internet breaking
    by blocking all pkg's that have to do with internet. But the next problem is after a full upgrade, I no longer can
    create files or folders on my system, I get an error window saying the file/folder is already there. No matter what I
    name it. I think it might be a problem with the unicode, being changed after the upgrade. I think it's switching it
    from utf8 to iso_something, not sure if this is true or how to fix. Is there a place that contains 'system wide"
    settings where I might correct the unicode, if this is infact the issue.
    Note - I have multiple partitions on my sata: ext3, ext4, ntfs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social