This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Help. Need to configure S-VIDEO OUT
  • MacLoneMacLone December 2009
    hi.
    I'm installing slitaz on my dell inspiron 1100. I use this lap for viewing videos on my TV via s-video. I would like to configure slitaz in order to see my videos on tv as i use with windows.
    Any help to do this?
  • seawolfseawolf December 2009
    Hi MacLone --

I've installed X.org and it duplicates the output to my VGA output device. I haven't yet gotten it to be two individual desktops, though, primarily because I don't need it that much!

I think installing X.org would be a start, then utilities like XRandR could offer something.

HIH a bit.
  • navigernaviger December 2009
    I used this method on my Compaq N610c. It should work with any dual-head video card.

Run xrandr and look for the line showing 'maximum' as below.
    Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1400 x 1050, maximum 3200 x 1150

If maximum is not large enough to contain both monitors then use the 'Virtual' option in xorg.conf, see this link for instructions;
    http://en.opensuse.org/Multiple_Screens_Using_XRandR

Once the maximum screen size issue has been resolved, place and xrandr command line in your .bash_profile (or whatever shell script is run after login in SliTaz).

For some reason I must first turn off VGA-0, so I used two xrandr lines in .bash_profile, as below:

xrandr --output VGA-0 --off

xrandr --output LVDS --mode 1400x1050 --rotate normal --pos 1400x0 --output VGA-0 --mode 1400x1050 --rotate normal --left-of LVDS --pos 0x0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social