This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Slitaz Video Player Problem
  • turnipturnip December 2009
    I installed slitaz and VLC and any codec packs I can find. I go to the internet, open an email with a wmv file, and try to play it using VLC. The thing doesnt work so I try Gxine, Mplayer, and FFplayer. FF player is the only one that will play it but it has a crappy interface, and the other 2 dont even open it, and VLC apparently doesnt have the codecs for it. So either how do I get the codecs for a wmv file, or how do I get gxine or mplayer to open up? Thanks.
    Oh, I tried the non-cooking build. Mplayer doesnt actually show any video though, just sound.
  • babaorumbabaorum December 2009
    Hi, you may try to make mplayer redirect output to x11 rather than xv.

First try this on command-line:
    $ mplayer -vo x11 video-file-to-play

-- Babaorum
  • babaorumbabaorum December 2009
    [EDIT: double post]
    mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libenca.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Thats the error it gives me when I do that command.
  • seawolfseawolf December 2009
    Search the package repositories by either typing:

tazpkg search-file libenca.so.0

Or by typing libenca.so.0 in to the online interface at:

http://pkgs.slitaz.org/

to search for that file in the Cooking repos: it tells you that the libenca package needs to be installed.
  • seawolfseawolf December 2009
    You may need the -dev package, too, btw. The dev packages provide functionality for building up on that software rasther than using it directly.
    Theres a libenchant but no enca. it says libenchant and all its similar files are in /usr/lib/
  • jozeejozee December 2009
    @turnip: I moved enca to optional dependency (SUGGESTED), sometime back http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/rev/8b287c42c709 May be its my mistake. I will check. For now, Install "enca" and "faac". Can also click on "SUGGESTED" in tazpkgbox.

EDIT: Also, I would suggest you install SMplayer or gnome-mplayer/gecko-mediaplayer (mplayer-firefox plugin) with libgpod. Your problems should be resolved.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social