This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Can't type anything at the login screen
  • JayKayJayKay March 2011
    Hi!

I have a problem that I after I have installed a bunch of packages using only tazpkg and when I restart the OS, I can not no more type anything at the login screen. Though I am able to edit the grub boot commands and CTRL+ALT+F2 to login and use console. I have installed SliTaz on VM VirtualBox. After the first time this problem occured I reinstalled slitaz and again after installing the packages, the problem recurred again.

The packages I installed were:
    slitaz-toolchain
    dkms
    binutils
    gcc
    make
    patch
    libgomp
    glibc
    kernel-headers
    mingw32
    php-apache
    bzip2

Can someone help me please and advice something? Should I post some logs as I could access them on the virtual hdd by using SliTaz in LiveCD mode?
    Or should I just try to install the packages one by one to find which one brings the fault?
    In reality I was trying to install these packages in order to install the guest additions for VirtualBox.
  • mojomojo March 2011

From here: http://slim.berlios.de/manual.php

Q: The keyboard does not respond!
    A: If you don't specify a virtual terminal to use for the X server, SLiM by default binds to vt7. If vt7 is already used by another program try specifying an unused terminal in the xserver_arguments option, for example 'vt08'

Try vt06 slitaz has no vt08

This is a workaround.

See if slim display manager will auto_login the default_user .

Open a virtual terminal.

#nano /etc/slim.conf

Add a default_user  username

Add to bottom and save:

auto_login         yes

reboot

This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged

SliTaz Social